the morning after

Cristina felt the sun hit her eyes from the on call room window and she woke up, her head laying on Owen's bare chest. 

"Hey, good morning," Owen smiled, "God, you look like an angel." He kissed the top of her head.
Cristina chuckled and smiled, "I don't remember when we fell asleep..." 

Owen smiled and kissed her head again, stroking her hair. "I should get up," she paused, "Cole is waiting." Her heart got heavy, Owen felt so right, but so did Cole, she didn't know what to do.
Owen nodded, and kissed her just one more time, "go," he smiled, "but we should probably talk later?" 

She nodded and walked out the door, why did I do that? She thought, I love Cole so much this will only hurt him. God, this is so confusing. She got in her car and drove home. When she came in the house she smelt bacon. "I'm home" she yelled to Cole who she assumed was in the kitchen. 

He came around the corner and hugged her from behind, kissing her neck. "Where've you been? You never came home last night."

She nodded, "I uh- got caught up in the case in the E.R. and then I slept in an on call room." 

"That's why I love you; You care so much about your patients." He smiled. 

God, I feel so dirty  Cristina thought, why am I so awful?  She tried to hide her emotions and smiled at Cole. 

"I made you breakfast," he smiled and took her hand leading her to the kitchen. She sat down at the island and ate a little, "So how'd your case go last night?" 

She panicked a little, "we uh- we lost him." 

Cole frowned a little, "I'm sorry" he kissed her head.

"Thank you," she closed her eyes as his lips hit her, "I should go shower and get back to work." 

She gently smiled and started to walk up the stairs when she felt Cole's hand touch her back, "mind if I join you?" he smirked.

She nodded and took his hand, pulling him into the bathroom with her, but feeling dirty and conflicted all the while.