i had to let you go

Owen watched from between the cracks of the seats as Cristina and Cole smiled and laughed, and as her medicine kicked in and she finally fell asleep on his shoulder.

After what seemed like the longest 3 hours of his life, the plane finally landed. As they got off the plane, Cole stopped to use the restroom.

"What are you going to do when you don't have a bag come through baggage claim?" Cristina ask Owen.

"I'll just say they lost it," he shrugged. His mood had changed and he was being short with her.

"Alright, so are you going to stay now?" Cristina ask genuinely.

"I don't know, Cristina."

"Did I do something?" She asked, sensing her anger.

Owen took in a deep breath and let it out, "no, I'm sorry." He paused a moment, "God, this is going to sound terrible, but seeing you with him just- it puts me in a mood."

Cristina fiddled nervously with her rings, "oh... I-I don't know what to say."

Just then Cole came out of the restroom, "find your bag, Hunt?"

"It didn't make it," Owen said as friendly as he could muster.

"That's too bad," Cole said, secretly hoping he would just go back. "Why don't you all go ahead to St. Ambrose, I'm sure Dr. King is waiting for you."

"What'll you do?" Cristina ask.

"I'll go make sure the hotel rooms are in order." He kissed her cheek and took her bag.

"I love you," she smiled.

"I love you too," Cole responded as he walked away.

Owen's blood was boiling. He walked quickly and silently to the cab. He opened the door for Cristina, and slid in next to her.

"I feel like I should apologize, but I'm not sorry," Cristina said. "I shouldn't have to apologize for loving my husband."

"I know you shouldn't," Owen sighed, "I guess I just didn't realize how happy he makes you. It's easier for me to deal with the fact that I can't stop loving you by telling myself you love me too."

"I do love you, Owen, that's what got us into this mess."

"I guess I just don't see how you could love both of us."

Cristina sighed, "Owen I was a wreck without you in Zurich. I loved you so much, and I didn't even feel like I was living without you there."

"So how did you get remarried, what changed?"

"I let you go. Or, I thought I had, but that was easier when you weren't around. Now, well, now I'm not sure."