Chapter 24- We've got a family situation

*Shailene's POV*

Broker? Really? I was starting to think this was some kind of twisted prank Andrew was playing with me. However, 'joke' wouldn't be something to call it because definitely was not funny.

The man who had just introduced himself as Jared Broker was still standing where he was while my mind reeled. I finally found my voice from it's lost state and all I could manage to think and get out was, 'Broker?'

He flashed me a dazzling smile. 'Yes, you may know my sons.'

May know? MAY KNOW? I was kinda in a relationship triangle with the both of them. What was I supposed to say? 'Yes sir I know them very well, I've kissed them both, I can't decide which is better.' Or how about 'I don't know them please let me leave.'

But, I didn't want to dazzle his emotions on a first meeting so I decided to stay on track and be straightforward for my own safety. 'Yes, I just realized that myself.' I turned to glare at Andrew, who had his head leaned back onto the royal sized bed, staring at the pretty silver patterned ceiling. He seemed to be so uninterested right now.

'Now,' he began. Before he could even continue to speak, we were all interrupted by a man at the door holding a girl with her mouth gagged with a white cloth and her hands restricted by his. She was shoved into the room in the same manner that I was and she quickly pulled the band from her mouth. That was Veronica. What was she doing here?

She shot daggers with her cold black eyes at the man who had just brought her in and didn't even bother to stand. She crept over to me across the hard floor, passing Jared's feet and then sat in the same position I was in,on the floor.

Jared began to speak again after turning away from the man who dropped her in here.. ' A new hostage I see. You attempted to fight my guards, redhead? Let me lay some ground rules here, for all of you that is.'

Wait, wait , wait. Andrew was his son...right? Why was he in here? Where was Kendall? I am sure he wouldn't have had Kendall killed back there. But, my thoughts slowed to a stop when I saw Kendall walk into the room, behind Jared. He turned to him at the sound of the rushed footsteps in and said, 'Oh, son I was just about to lay the rules.' Kendall seemed a bit taken back to see us here. But to me, he seemed a bit too unconcerned about the situation on a whole. I'm pretty sure if you see the girl who just got kidnapped from your date, you'd be quite surprised, not standing calmly behind the mastermind behind the kidnapping.

Wait. Son? Right. So Andrew wasn't lying, Jared was their father. Kendall was looking at me with his lips pressed together, and a million emotions flooded my mind. His brown hair looked as if he passed his hand through it tons of times like how he usually does when he's thinking about something.

Jared continued, 'Now, tomorrow there will be a grand wedding here. Till then I permit you to linger on my premises, but if you try to run away, you might die.' Might? With the nice smile he pulled off after saying that so calmly, I knew the word 'might' meant that he 'would'. Psycho.

Now I knew why Andrew was warning me about escaping from here, but if anyone was gonna be killing anyone here, it would be me trying to murder Andrew.

I glanced over at Vers as Jared made his way out the room, and Kendall found his way out too, glancing back at me just before he disappeared fully. Her hair was a bit out of it now and I wondered how was it even possible for someone to hold her down.

Andrew had gotten up and made his way out the room, and so did we. Now I understood why he lay down on the possibly poisoned bed, that was because this was his home. Well, clearly something's up but he seemed to be going with it. Walking out to the grand corridor which held doors to many more rooms, I glanced over the railing. There was no television or sofa set...it was more like a cinema screen, half of their living room was like a theater.

Before I could continue scanning the rest of this part of the mansion, the door, which to me, seemed to be the front door, had opened. A woman with shoulder length cherry blonde hair had just walked in. There were shades on her eyes and she wore some fitted clothing, that outlined her figure nicely. I wondered who she was. 

I looked up to my level and saw that Andrew and Veronica was a distance away from me, as I had stopped walking to admire the scene before me. I trotted up to them and we, the trio, eased down the stairs until we were stopped by the lady who had just walked in. I was walking close behind Veronica, her loose hair blocking my view from anyone who would be in front of us.

When she was set standing in front of us, I saw Kendall strolling about and was going to approach us too. Her presence didn't stop him because he kept walking until he stopped next to her. It's like if he just eased himself into our little standing group here.

From the lines of happiness engraved on her cheeks, I realized this woman was a bit older than I...well any of us were. I could see at the roots of her hair, there was the jet black tone which meant that this was not her real hair colour. Her teeth were white, lips full and red, I observed as she was about to speak. 'Hello,' she greeted, 'My name is Sabrina.' She exended her and and that was when I realized that she was talking to Andrew. With one arm extended for the shaking which Andrew took, the other hand she used to take her shades off. That was when I was hit with one of the hardest realizations that I had ever been hit with. After she said 'Jared's fiancee', I couldn't find the oxygen anymore. This definitely had to be some sick dream because this ...there was no way this could be real. My eyes just shifted to Kendall because I thought I could see his face change.

I wondered if he was having the same thoughts that I was, because he was the one who had kept saying 'your eyes reminds me of someone.'

Trust me, as much as I hated what she had done to my family, as much as I tried over and over again to erase the thoughts of her existence from my memory, there was definitely one thing I could not do...and that was forgetting what my mother looked like.

Then she turned to me, bit her top lip inwards and I could see my eyes reflect hers. Nobody else knew what was going on right now, Kendall might have had an idea, but nope.

There was one thing though, I thought I was probably, not really likely, mistaking her identity, but I realized I wasn't wrong by the way she looked at me. But...didn't she say her name was Sabrina? Lies. She changed her name...obviously...I had the strongest feeling that my mind was not playing tricks on me today. After all these years I kept a hatred aglow for her in my chest but now, what was going on with me? I didn't notice the tear escaped, the one I was trying to hold on, until she hugged me tightly. Her hands were wrapped around all of me, squeezing me in her grip.

I know right now Kendall, Andrew and Veronica was staring as us, very confused, but I was just given a shock and it was so weird. She never tried to contact me...well...not that I know of. She could've at least told us she was never coming back home. I was way out of emotional options because all the thought to tell her off if I ever saw her again, I scratched them off my mind. This was too much. 

Between the shaking at the struggles to catch my breath, I managed the whisper out questioningly. 'Sharon?' I whispered just to be sure. 

'I had to.' was all she whispered back before she planted a kiss on my forehead and wiped her streams and placed her shades back on, before she walked away. 

*Kendall's POV*

I knew for sure that Andrew had no idea what was going on here. I was approaching them to spill everything and apologise. But Sabrina had beat me to their attention.

Here I was, facing a realization that was deeming to be faced since I first complimented Shay's bright eyes. 

I believed we had a family situation here. If that was her mom, as I thought from their expressions and emotional connecting here, I was secretly hoping it was her long lost sister or something. What if I had intentions of marrying this girl? Then that would be some kind of twisted incest situation...if it was not already.

 That would mean that tomorrow, Shailene would officially be mine and Andrew's step sister.