Chapter 30- The Speech

*Shailene's POV*

This was far one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen in real life, except this felt like such a fantasy. Feels too good to be true.

When I walked out into the back of the Broker palace, I was astounded, and we followed in procession. The flowery arch adorned in golden white daisies and shiny white streams of cloth, we walked upon the aisle, which was a wide rolled out silky red carpet, which lead up to the altar, which had a decor that screamed 'money'.

The people seated under the shady white tents and awaiting, I observed them. They all seemed so normal and not dangerous, dressed neatly and well suited up. They were probably mostly all part of The Savages, as I was told was the name of their business.

The Savages, from what I've heard so far, that's pretty messed up business if you ask me. It's weird to think that Andrew and Kendall lived that type of life.

I couldn't help but gush when I saw how charming they both looked in their black and white suits, arms clasped in front of them. Andrew was scanning the crowd and Kendall's eyes were now set on me.

The usual nervous feeling got me all of a sudden and I tasted something bland on my tongue when I but my lip in. Damn. I wasn't really paying attention to the altar's events since Kendall caught my stare.

I quickly but cautiously tried to rub my lips together , trying to smack them together discreetly to fill in any missing spot I just unknowingly sucked off. I glanced up after to see Kendall and Andrew looking at me, smiling with their teeth, clearly finding high amusement in such a traumatic situation.

My mom, Sharon Haynsworth, now about to be officially labelled as Sabrina Broker, looked stunning. Despite the tears of happiness I could see slipping from her eyes, her face, her features gleamed perfection.

When I had heard 'You may now kiss the bride.', I scanned the crowd right before my mom and Jared 's lips made contact,to see everyone just awaiting the moment. I searched for my father because from the looks of it earlier, he came here willingly.

When I saw his face, he hadn't looked the slightest bit disappointed. He stood and clapped just like everyone else, not standing out, not looking like an enraged, heartbroken ex - husband.

Martha, who I recently discovered was Melanie 's mom, stood right next to him, looking like a pretty attractive businesswoman in that knee - length, fitted, teal dress.

It really,really baffled me about how happy he was, but sooner or later, I would figure it out.

Now flash forward to the current moment, where we were in a dining hall. I honestly had no idea where this place came from, it was like a newly discovered part of the building to me. We just walked through the back door orderly, ended up in the theatre - resembling living room, then took a right and a left and another right, then poof, we ended up in a huge room which was probably honestly the size of my entire house.

Lights streamed everywhere, I'd probably have to sell my kidneys to pay this light bill for one day.

Woah. This was so...unreal. I really wasn't sure anymore whether or not I was kidnapped or living a fantasy because I highly doubt it could be happening at the same time.

There were circular tables arranged orderly at the sides of the room, with fancy embroided tablecloths with vases atop..and...was that a pool? No way! A pool in the party room? Woah.

The floor was carpeted with the same red material as the fabric on the aisle outside. The bright multicolored party lights in the dim room made it go from 5pm to 8 instantly. The lights reflecting on the small empty pool made it look so pretty.