Chapter 3

"At least Levi is the same," Stiles stated, as he was taking down the old newspaper scrapings on his wall from their Mexico trip planning. Scott didn't respond, simply staring upwards at the ceiling and watching as the fan in his friends room spun around.

Stiles wasn't content with the boys silence and turned around, getting his friend's attention. The alpha sat up and looked at his friend, narrowing his eyes.

"What?"

"You think she's changed, don't you?" Stiles edged and Scott sighed before running a hand through his short hair before dropping it back to his lap as he fiddled with his fingers. He took a breath before answering.

"Not massively, but ever since Kate took her," he paused as he tried to find the right phrase, "there's been something... different," Scott summed up, not knowing how to describe the feelings that had changed between him and the other alpha.

His friend nodded slightly before shaking his head and making a weird noise. "Scott, maybe it's your super wolf senses picking up on something, but no-one else feels a change."

The alpha furrowed his eyes but accepted Stiles' answer. He looked down at his phone to see it vibrating, and Levi's caller ID on the screen. He took a deep breath before sliding his thumb to the right and declining the call.

///.///

Levi groaned as she put the phone down, looking over at Lydia. "He's still not picking up," she said and the strawberry-blonde rolled her eyes as she continued to look through Levi's wardrobe at Derek's loft. Peter and Derek had gone out, and had informed her they were not going to be back for a day or two as they tried to find someone to hunt down Kate.

"Levi, it's fine, we don't need Scott and Stiles to have a good time," the girl smirked as she turned around and threw a skirt and nice top at the girl. Levi stood up, holding it against her frame and nodded in approval before placing it to the side of the bed, folding it neatly on to her desk. Lydia did the same, placing a dress on to the chair beside her desk.

As Levi flicked off the light, she couldn't help but think what school tomorrow was going to be like. Her family's money was gone, all 117 million (that no-one ever told her about, by the way, much to Levi's annoyance), she couldn't remember the last time she actually paid attention in any of her classes (Lydia assured her she would be fine judging by her previous exam results) and to top it all off, Scott was trying to avoid her and she didn't know why.

///.///

Stiles looked over at Scott as they walked on to the lacrosse field carrying their bags and sticks.

"Of course you're still the team captain," the boy reassured his friend, "you got your grades up just like coach told you to, right?"

Scott squinted slightly. "Yeah but he never told me I was back on the team, he just told me to show up for tryouts today."

The two had almost reached the field, looking around slightly before turning their attention back to each other. Stiles waved a hand to show he wasn't as bothered about the lacrosse team at the moment.

"We've got bigger things to deal with anyway, did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles asked and Scott sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at the ground in embarrassment before answering.

"I texted him but he didn't get back to me," the alpha said, a slightly tone of disappointment in his voice. Stiles paused from walking and turned around, his eyes narrowing in amusement.

"You told him his dead sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" Scott sheepishly shrugged again.

"Didn't have the money to call France..."