Chapter 13

"Little Levi Hale, so angry for such a small person. Shame about her really, but the money will be good. She'll probably be nothing more than flesh by the time you get to her." Garett laughed manically down the phone, knowing that Levi was Scott's ultimate breaking point.

"What do you want?" Scott spat down the line.

"I want the money - and Violet. Or you never see Liam or Levi again."

//.//

Levi was immediately slammed back into action - literally slammed - as something, rather, someone came hurdling down from the opening of the well and straight on top of her body. She thrashed underneath them as the water covered her mouth and eyes before the person recovered from the shock and pulled her up, pushing at her chest to get the excess water out of her lungs.

Her eyesight was almost gone from the effect of the wolfsbane and she could barely make out the person that was condemned to her prison with her. But call it an alpha's instinct or whatever, because she was lucky enough to instantly recognise her own beta.

"LEVI!" Liam shouted, wrapping his arms tightly around her body but recoiling once she let out a hiss as his arms pressed against her shoulder wound. He also hissed, pressing a hand to his chest allowing both of them to realise that Liam too had a gaping wound on his body.

"Wolfsbane," Levi muttered, putting her hand on top of Liam's wound and allowing her veins to turn black as she absorbed his pain. The beta obviously was not skilled enough to tell that Levi was also suffering from wolfsbane poisoning and thanked her for taking his pain away.

Liam looked up frantically as he surveyed the well the same way Levi had done when she had came around originally.

"There's no way out."

//.//

Scott stalked around the yellow school buses, allowing the scent of Garrett to guide him to the assassin. He glared the boy down as he approached him.

"Okay, what do you want? You want me to go to Stilinski? I can do that. Or I can talk to my father. He's an FBI agent." Scott bargained, getting pissed off when a smile appeared on Garrett's face. These were his pack, more importantly his friends - and their lives was not a joke to the young alpha.

"You think I want you talking to anyone with a badge? I'm not getting help from a werewolf because I want him to talk to someone."

"Then what am I supposed to do?" Scott sassed back, with a heavy roll of his eyes at the vague way that Garrett was speaking to him.

"They are transferring Violet to a federal facility. You are not gonna let that happen." In that exact moment, Scott knew that this was going to be tough. Garrett threatened held up his weaponised lacrosse stick in the direction of Scott, almost as if his friend's lives were enough of a motivator for the latino.

"How?"

"They're going to put her in a car. We're going to follow it. We get ahead of it. You stop it." Garrett spoke carefully, mocking Scott as if he was a little kid who needed everything explained slowly and carefully so not to get confused with basic instruction.

"You want me to attack a car? That's your plan?" Scott snarled out, getting even more irritated at how little Garrett was seemingly to care about his friends - although he couldn't say he was surprised. The boy was an orphaned assassin after all so compassion wasn't exactly the top thing on his list of priorities.

"You're an Alpha. If you can't stop one little car, then one little Beta is going to die." Garrett spoke back in the asme frustrated tone that Scott had spoke to him in. He flicked up the blade on the end of his lacrosse stick to emphasise the point that he was trying to make as he threatened the life of Liam. "I stabbed your boy with a blade dipped in wolfsbane. Same thing that Levi was stabbed in the back by Violet with. Once it gets to the heart... Bad things happen - more so for Levi at the moment than for Liam."