Chapter 23

Derek lunged forward, knocking Kate down and ripping into her flesh. He had seen what she had done to his little sister, and if that didn't make him angry then nothing would. Kate shuffled along the ground away from him.

"You were... You were dead."

"No. I was evolving. Something you'll never do." Derek spoke as he rose to his full human form, turning away from her as he walked around her to embrace his little sister in a deep hug.

"I'd never leave you," he spoke softly.

//.//

By the time that everything had cleared up, Levi found herself still outside as the sun rose over the church. Araya Calavera had tried to settle a deal with the young alpha to help her track down Kate, but Chris decided to take her place in the hunt instead. He had seen what had happened to Levi the last time she had done on a vendetta against someone, and he would rather find her than Levi.

As the sun continued to rise, Derek's eyes trailed over her shoulder as they were discussing his shift. Levi felt her heart jump slightly as she turned, seeing a bloodied Scott walk out of the ruins. A massive grin spread across her face as she saw him, turning away from Derek as she started to run.

Almost like time had slowed down, Scott felt like he was seeing everything slower as he saw the one person he had been the most worried about during the different battles.

"Levi," He breathed, running and catching her halfway. She wrapped her legs around his waist as she buried her head into his neck, his arms going around her waist to support her.

They shared a passionate kiss before she jumped down, fitting nicely in between his body and his arm as Chris approached the two teenagers from the entrance of the temple.

"There's enough yellow wolfsbane to keep Peter out for the trip back. But be careful." He explained, Peter having been sedated and placed into the back of the US Marshall van that Braeden had given to the teenagers for the time being. Levi and Scott both nodded at the man, the younger girl smiling at him.

"You're really going with them?" Scott asked, squeezing Levi's hand slightly. She squeezed it back gently as she cast a glance over to Araya and her hunters who simply nodded back at her to show a form of a truce.

"I made a deal with the Calaveras twenty minutes ago. They'll leave you alone -all of you - but only if I help them catch Kate," he explained, the same terms that Araya had offered to Levi only moments before.

"What if you can't?" Scott asked, but Levi and Chris book shook their heads.

"He'll be able to find her." Levi placed her belief in the man's abilities having seen just what he was fully capable of over the course of the night. She owed him a lot more than just her life after how he had brought her back and was willing to die to do so.

"Someone has to." Chris shrugged. Levi reached out and gently held on to his hand for a moment before he placed his other on top, moving away from the teens he had spent so long hunting and saving.

Levi looked over to where her brother was talking to Braeden, smiling at the fact he had finally found a girlfriend who didn't have a vendetta to kill them both. As she moved around into the car, Derek turned to look at his teen sister and her pack. He nodded at Levi and Scott, knowing the bond between them was unbreakable now and he smiled warmly at the two.

They had all been through so much together, and this was nothing more than a test to that.

//.//

Levi stood by the door of the locker room as she waited on her boys to stop speaking to the coach about why they missed the game and the practices over the past few days.

"You took Levi Hale on a date to Mexico?" Coach asked, definitely not believing them in the slightest. "The Levi Hale?"

Levi snorted, still amazed at how intimidated he was by her family.

"It was our first real date." Scott almost questioned, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to ignore Levi's chuckle while they tried to convince the coach.

"In Mexico?" He deadpanned, knowing that he certainly would not be going back to Mexico after the weird experiences he once had as a teen with his friends.

"They wanted to do something special." Stiles noted, the coach rolling his eyes.

"Okay. I believe you."

"Really?" Liam asked, his face lighting up as he thought the coach actually believed him.

"Absolutely not." Finstock snapped, a dazed look coming over his face. "But I've had experiences south of the border that would knock the genitals off you boys. Still, let me be clear to you two. This kid's the best talent I've seen in years. So he's your responsibility now. You boys are gonna stick together. You're gonna look out for each other. And you're gonna have each other's backs. You got it?"

Scott, Stiles and Liam all shared a protective and loving look knowing that they all already had each others backs and would for the rest of their lives. A lot had changed in the space of a few weeks, and although it had been hard none of them would change it for the world.

"We got it."

They all rushed out of the locker room, rolling their eyes at Levi as she silently was laughing at them. Swinging an arm around her beta's shoulders she dragged Liam down the corridor ahead of Scott and Stiles with the two boys laughing at the shock on the young werewolf's face.

//.//

"This used to be on a hard drive but we eventually decided it might be a good idea to have a hard copy around," Lydia explained to Parrish as she sat on his deputy desk and passed him a small hard-copied book. He studied it closely before looking up at the girl.

"So we put it in a book," Levi explained, grabbing her jacket from the coat hanger in the corner of the pen.

"What is it?" He asked, flipping it over in his hands.

"It's called the Bestiary. Whatever you are, it might be in here." Lydia explained as she watched Levi pull her leather jacket on over her arms. "I'd like to help you figure it out."

"What about you, do you not know anything?" Parrish asked and Levi shrugged.

"It's more Derek's speciality but he has no idea. I'd love to stay and help, but he promised me we can go take a trip to visit Cora, so see you in a few weeks!"

//.//

Scott stretched out across the bed as he watched Levi get dressed. She grinned at him over her shoulder as she fixed her hair up into a tight ponytail before sitting down on the side of the bed to tie her shoelaces back on.

He sat up, also putting his clothes back on before leaning over and placing soft kisses on her neck again. Levi sighed slightly but pulled away, knowing if they got started again she would never want to stop.

"Stop Scott," she giggled, lifting her jacket up as he finished pulling his top back on. "You know Derek is outside waiting."

Scott rolled his eyes but smiled cheekily at her anyway. "I'll miss you," he murmured, watching how the sunlight streamed through his window and cast a soft glow around her.

"I'll only be gone a week, it's not like you'll die," she joked, and he huffed.

"You never know, maybe I'll find someone else and have forgotten by you by then," he teased back, watching as her eyes flashed red. Since attacking Kate, the green was gone from her eyes and Deaton had no idea as to why.

"You better not forget me, Scott McCall," she whispered against his lips as she moved into him for a farewell kiss.

"I could never forget you, Levi Hale."