Chapter 17

"Hey you alright?" Stiles asked, looking at Malia who was refusing to look at him.

Levi stood up, shoving Scott away from her as he tried to embrace her in a hug. She snarled at him as he tried to take another step towards her, causing the other alpha to raise his hands in defeat.

"How dare you," Levi spat, walking straight out of the vault without looking back.

Malia wasn't just her friend. She was her family.

///.///

Levi watched as his face appeared on her phone screen again. She had ignored his calls for days now, not wanting a single thing to do with the hyperactive Stilinski, or his partner in crime for that fact.

She wasn't even speaking to Lydia, having realised that not only did her best friend know that the boys had been hiding something from her, she knew that it was that Malia was not just a friend - but in fact her long lost cousin. Something about the betrayal - while only minor - resonated with Levi enough to break contact from the pack for the time being.

That didn't mean she wasn't aware of the recklessness that the pack was getting up to. Mrs McCall had informed her exactly of what the pack was getting up to in order to try and discover any potential leads on the benefactor's identity - including the stupid plan of killing Scott for just under an hour. She was grateful that Melissa had only told her this after it had all been executed successfully or Levi was sure she would have personally killed Scott himself before it had even been allowed to begin.

Allowing her phone to ring out, she rammed the black machine into her jeans pocket, carrying on her walk through the edge of the woods. The darkness comforted her - reminded her of the area where Derek and Laura and Cora would play with her when she was younger. Her heart ached for her family, and while she still had Derek it just wasn't the same as it used to be. Deucalion had ruined that part of her life for her. He had ripped away the chance at a normal childhood for her and torn her apart for his own maliciousness.

Levi looked up, feeling the moonlight against her skin. She could still feel the pull of the full moon, desperately calling for her to turn into the monster she used to be. She closed her eyes, accepting the feeling for a second before she snapped out of it. Levi Hale had been many things in her life, but she would never go back to the way she had been before she had moved back to Beacon Hills. Reaching down to her wrist, she pulled the hair tie off and tightened her hair into a high ponytail. With a quick tighten of her shoelaces she sped through the forest floor, straight back to the familiar apartment block on the outskirts of town. She needed her brother.

//.//

She was at Derek's when she saw them for the first time since her discovery in her family's vault. A book was perched in one hand while the other held an apple she had been munching away on when the doors to her brother's apartment slid open and there he stood, standing tall and proud with that stupid puppy grin on his face. It faltered as he made eye contact with the other alpha, seeing the rage that was still flowing through her eyes days later.

Derek was at her side instantly, having sensed the presence of unexpected visitors. Lydia walked in, straight past Scott and dragging who Levi recognised as Parrish with her. She placed him directly in front of her brother as they launched head first into the reason of their unannounced visit.

"He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked, holding Parrish's hands as he examined the deputy. Levi looked up from her book, rolling her eyes slightly at why her brother was repeating everything the pack had told him.

"It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead," Lydia supplied, but Derek shook his head slightly in confusion as he released Parrish's hands.