Chapter 14

Scott grabbed onto Liam's face as the beta hyperventilated. "You're okay, Liam. You're okay." He soothed, hugging the boy tightly.

Liam nodded, before he turned to look at the motionless Levi.

"But she's not."

//.//

Scott and Liam lifted Levi onto the metal table, with Derek running into the practice straight away. Scott had called him on the drive from the woods to Deaton's knowing that he would want to see his baby sister straight away.

Deaton quickly opened Liam's wound, ridding it of wolfsbane so that they could move straight onto Levi.

"Scott, tilt her head up! She cannot have her head flat!" Deaton exclaimed, watching as the young alpha rested her head against his chest, supporting her to sit up against him. He rushed around, handing Derek ingredients and various herbs to hold while he searched for other items to help the dying alpha.

Derek grabbed onto his sister's hand, watching as her eyes slightly opened to look at him.

"You are NOT leaving me, do you hear me?" He pleaded loudly with the girl, grabbing lightly on to the side of her face to keep her eyes focused on her brother.

"Remember when we were younger, before everything went wrong and you picked out my leather jacket for me, huh?" He spoke gentler but still firmly to try and keep her with him.

She nodded, and he cracked a desperate smile. "Yeah that's right Levi! So who's gonna pick out more leather jackets for me if you go, yeah?" He spoke firmly again, but Scott and Deaton could see the tears building up in the tough Hale's eyes. It was easy for them all to forget the pain that Derek Hale had suffered through over the years, but rare moments of sincerity like this one made it all the more painful to remember them.

"And remember that time Cora and Laura pretended you were invisible after you'd fallen out with them and I was the only one to speak to you?" Levi chuckled ever so slightly, which was a bad idea considering the second she laughed, a mix of black blood and yellow foam started to seep from her mouth. Derek stopped trying to remind Levi of their childhood and looked to Deaton.

"DO SOMETHING!" He roared, watching as Scott's hands had turned back from trying to take her pain away.

Deaton gave him a quick glare before filling a large syringe with some mixture he had created from the items that he was rummaging around for.

"Get back." Deaton ordered, shoving both Derek and Scott out of the way and stabbing the needle straight into her chest, right about where her heart would be. As he pressed hardly down on the plunger, he pulled the needle straight back out and watched as Levi's eyes closed and her head fall back with a bang against the metal of the table.

It was silent.

Derek could feel his despair grow with every creeping second, while Scott had just listened to what he presumed was Levi's last heartbeat.

It stayed silent.

Deaton looked anxiously at the girl, but kept the two guys at arms length from her, knowing that if this did work, and it should, she would temporarily lash out.

It continued to be silent.

Until the young girl jumped up, her eyes glowing red as she threw herself off the metal table, her claws flicked out and barring her fangs at the three of them. Deaton paused for a second before he looked at Derek and Scott in slight panic.

"Don't want to worry you or anything, but she should have realised who we are by now," Deaton warned as he took a few steps back, watching as Levi let out another large snarl as she bent her knees ever so slightly ready to pounce at them.

Scott looked at the panic on Deaton's face and did the one thing that felt right.

He roared at her. Red eyes, fangs, claws - the whole deal.

And it did the trick. The red faded almost instantly from her eyes, being replaced by eyes with tears building up in them as she looked frantically between the three of them standing on the other side of the room well away from her.

"Guys, I'm..oh my god.. I'm sorry!" Levi exclaimed before she felt slightly lightheaded and swayed slightly, causing Derek to dive right over and catch her as she began to fall. He picked her up and placed her back onto the metal table as Scott sat on the edge, pulling her head into his lap.

Derek muttered about going back to Malia, and paused for a second at the door just to look back at his sister being held so protectively by Scott. Although he had a rough start with the young now alpha, he couldn't think of anyone he would want to be with his sister more than the boy sitting in front of him. Not only was he becoming a good alpha, he was hopelessly in love with his baby sister and would never harm her.

And to Derek, that was what he needed at the moment. As he drove back towards where he had left Malia, he couldn't help but let his mind wonder and think about how he would be happy to leave with Scott protecting Levi. However, the dark part of his mind reminded him that his days were beginning to look a bit numbered, and that Levi may need to rely on Scott for more than just pain - but for grief too.

//.//

"I don't want to keep watching people die." Scott said, holding Levi's head in his hands, watching her as she slept peacefully after all that she had been through in the last 24 hours.

"I'm not sure you have much choice about that." Chris muttered, thinking about Kate's vendetta against the whole Beacon Hills gang, and the sheer amount of deaths that have occurred in the last few years.

"Maybe I do." Scott promised, causing Deaton and Chris to look at the young alpha in confusion but almost proud.

"That's a lot of burden to carry, Scott." Deaton probed, wanting to see how dedicated the young boy was going to be to his new cause.

"I don't care. No one else dies. Everyone on that list. Everyone on that Dead Pool. It doesn't matter if they're wendigos, or werewolves, or whatever. I'm gonna save everyone."