Chapter 18

Levi sunk to the floor, Scott running over and sliding down next to her. He grabbed her, and held her close because this was just more evidence to him that he didn't know how short their lives could be. But deep inside him, he was more worried about Levi's inner wolf, and the bloodthirsty effect it was having on her and her mental health.

Levi looked back up at him, her eyelids shutting slightly as she held on to his hand.

"I forgive...you..." she muttered, being passing out in his arms.

//.//

"She's still not woken up," Derek explained to Scott, passing the younger werewolf a fresh cup of hot chocolate as they both settled into the leather couch in his apartment.

After the traumatic experience of almost being burned alive and Levi almost losing control, she had passed out in Scott's arms and was still yet to wake up. Deaton had visited and told the boys that it was simply due to over-exertion but Scott was worried there was something else behind it - maybe to do with her sudden change in control.

Braeden held up a spare cup, motioning that she was going to take one upstairs to Levi as the boys sat in partial silence for a moment.

Levi was thrashing in the sheets when Braeden entered the room, setting the mercenary into a high alert. She placed the cup down swiftly, moving to hold Levi still on the matress.

"LEVI!" She yelled, trying to wake the alpha up from whatever nightmare she was living in. The alpha's eyes shot open, the red shining straight into Braeden's eyes and causing her to give an unvoluntary shiver as she remembered the last time she had been that close to those red eyes.

"Derek." She whispered and Deucalion smirked before lifting his hand, ready to kill her. He stopped suddenly and the woman looked confused. He turned to his left where Levi was crouching beside him.

"All yours my daughter." Levi nodded and extended her claws, slashing them across the woman's throat and killing her instantly, her blood splattering against the lockers. Levi stood up, not even glancing back at the woman and helped her father back out of the school and leaving her feeling stronger.

"LEVI!" Scott roared, pushing past the frozen Braeden to pull the girl back from accidentally attacking her brother's unofficial girlfriend. Levi's eyes instantly turned back to their normal colour as she made eye contact with Scott, pushing herself into his chest as she allowed her body to continue to shake as she let out silent sobs. Scott hushed her, running a hand through her hair and pulling her close into his body, looking up at the other two adults as the three exchanged panicked glances.

Something was getting increasingly wrong with Levi, and if they didn't solve it soon all hell was going to break loose.

///.///

"How about I take you home?" Scott asked his beta, having just informed the boy that Kira had managed to find Brett and get him to safety before any fatal harm had came to the boy.

"I'm not like you." Liam said suddenly, looking up at Scott from where he was fidgeting with his hands and the front of his jacket's zipper. The boy kept picturing the look in Levi's eyes as she turned against the assassins in order to protect them and it had kept him up all night thinking about the sheer strength of character that his pack had.

"Not yet." Scott tried to brush the comment off, thinking the boy were merely talking about his lack of control on his inner wolf.

"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone." Liam started, wringing his hands as he stared into Scott's eyes.