Chapter 12

Violet nicked her side with something sharp, and Levi felt her chest suddenly feel heavy.

"McCall can't save you now."

Levi felt her eyes close as Violet grabbed her legs and moved her out of site of most of the changing room.

///.///

"Where's Kira?" Scott asked Liam, watching as his beta peered around the corner to talk to his alpha.

"She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the Dead Pool." Scott furrowed his eyebrows at Liam's words, looking back up at the boy.

A sudden realisation crossed Scott's features as he sighed, "her mom's on it."

Liam almost shoved that to the side. "Everyone's on it."

Scott shook his head, feeling a slight bit of relief flowing through his body. "You're not."

"Not yet. There's still another third, right?" He paused for a moment before he looked back at Scott. "And Levi will be on that part too."

They both stopped their thoughts as they overheard what Agent McCall was saying to the handcuffed Violet. "Thermo-cut wire's... a very unusual weapon, Violet. Now, we've got a file at the bureau on something similar. Used in over a dozen murders."

Violet scoffed, acting like she knew nothing about what he was claiming she had done. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just go to school here." She denied, a scowl permanent on her lips.

"Maybe we should call your parents then," Agent McCall pointed out before he studied her closely and narrowed his eyes, knowing that he had her caught out now. "Oh, no... that's right. You don't have any parents. That's why they call you The Orphans." 

A look of disappointment spread rapidly over the girl's features as she understood that she was well and truly caught out now. As Agent McCall let a small smile at his victory fall onto his face, Violet was led out of the school with the police officers surrounding her. 

Agent McCall turned to face the Sheriff. "We need to find her boyfriend, Garrett."

Scott turned back to face Liam, a sudden thought coming to his head. "Where did Levi go?"

///.///

"What the hell is happening to this kid?!" Stiles exclaimed as he and Derek fought against a thrashing Brett on Deaton's operating table. There was yellow junk foaming at his mouth, and the pale human was trying his hardest to avoid being hit by it while trying to pin the werewolf to the table.

"He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible." Deaton said, rushing around the table as he prepared himself to save Brett.

As Stiles tried to hold the boy down, he cast a quick glare over at Derek. "Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" 

Derek snarled at that, not wanting to show his newfound weakness in front of the teenager. "Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength." He ground it out, sending Stiles another impending glare.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him!" Deaton spoke over the two males, watching them bicker was certainly not as important as saving the lacrosse player from an excruciating death by wolfsbane.

As Brett's seizures became more frantic, Stiles looked across at Derek once more. "Derek, he's slipping. I don't think I can hold him!" He shouted as Brett shoved the three away from him and jumped up off the table with a roar.