Chapter 10

To say Levi's wake up call was perfect was certainly an understatement.

The young alpha opened her eyes to see the smiling face of Scott, who was propped up on one arm and using his other hand to gently brush strands of her hair away from her eyes.

"Hey," he smiled, causing her to chuckle slightly.

"Hey you," she replied softly, scooting closer to him for extra comfort. His hand moved from her face to the bar skin of her hip, lightly running his finger in a small circle just above her hipbone. Levi sighed contentedly, burying her face into his chest as they cuddled under his thick comforter.

Looking up at Scott, the alpha let out a sharp laugh as she studied his body. Although they had almost fully healed, the scratch marks from their night of passion still tainted his body, and despite their progressively fast healing, it didn't seem to do anything for the hickey that was plastered across his neck.

"Scott, what's the time?" Levi asked suddenly, her eyes widening slightly. The true alpha furrowed his brows before he looked over at his alarm clock.

"8:25, why?" He asked, confusion on his voice and pulling a puppy face at Levi.

Levi's concentration broke for a second as she smiled at him. "You're so hot when you do that," she rasped, her voice having gone dry.

They connected their lips again, but Levi sat up as she remembered the time. She grasped at the covers, pulling them to preserve her decency as she turned to face him.

"We have school!" She exclaimed, as she slid on her pants and jumped out of his bed. He did the same as Levi looked at her neck in the mirror.

"Holy shit Scott," she moaned, looking at the line of bruised hickeys he had marked her neck with. The boy looked over and laughed, grabbing a towel from his cupboard.

"Hey, I'm going to shower before we head, do you need in?" He queried, fixing her with a lopsided grin.

Levi smirked at him, turning with her hands resting on her bare hips. "I was going to ask you the same thing," she muttered, before walking by him and into his bathroom, "guess we'll just need to save time and shower together."

Scott's jaw dropped as he turned to head after her into the bathroom, Levi's light chuckle filling the room as he closed the door behind him.

///.///

Lydia looked over at her best friend as they stood in her lakehouse waiting for Kira to turn up with Liam. They had tricked the new Beta into coming to what he thought was going to be the biggest party of the year, but was actually just a McCall-Hale pack intervention.

"Levi, can you come down to the boathouse and move a couple of bits for me? It's too heavy for me," Lydia casually asked, and her werewolf friend nodded, whispering a hushed goodbye to Scott whom she had been standing very close to. Lydia smirked slightly, but walked out of the room with Levi trailing behind her.

Once they reached the boathouse, Levi looked around in confusion.
"Lyd, there's nothing here that needs moved?" She questioned, turning around to see her best friend standing with both of her hands on her hips and with a slight smirk on her face.

"It happened didn't it?" She squealed, her eyes trailing up and down the alphas body.

Levi furrowed her eyebrows, subconsciously flicking a strand of her hair out of her eyes.
"I don't know what you are talking about," she murmured, watching the girls every move intensely.

"You. And. Scott!" The strawberry blonde exclaimed, a grin now fully spread across her features. "And don't tell me it didn't, because we ALL noticed the hickeys on both of your necks, not to mention Malia asked me why you smelt the same this morning!"

Levi sighed before raising her hands in surrender. Of course the banshee would have found out, she was also a complete genius. "Okay, okay, you got me."

Lydia squeaked again, wrapping her arms around her best friend.
"How was it?" She teased, causing Levi to blush and push her shoulder lightly.

"Like nothing I've ever felt before Lyds, it was so intense and beautiful and hot and powerful," Levi trailed off, realising she was going off on a tangent. She looked back at her best friend to see a soft spot in her eyes.

There was a moment of silence between the two of them as the moon reflected the water and shone into the boathouse. A cold feeling suddenly overcame Levi, washing away the happy thoughts from her mind suddenly. She stared out across the black water, her voice turning serious and dark.

"Lydia, whatever happens in the next few weeks, know that I love you," the alpha started, causing Lydia to tense up slightly.

"Levi, what do you mean?"

"Something's coming Lydia. I don't know what and I don't know why I know that, I just do," she muttered, her eyes faintly shining red from their usual brown. "I can't help but feel like everything is about to change."

//..//

Levi's feet pounded against the grass as she sprinted deeper into the forest. Scott was behind her, echoing their beta's name as they chased after the new wolf.

As she was running, Scott pounded past her, almost making Levi forget who they were chasing as she was astonished at his sudden speed. She shook her head, pushing herself further.

Before she knew it, her foot was wrapped with a wire, holding her upside down in the air. She shifted, allowing her red eyes to see the area more clearly until she saw a familiar figure moving stealthily towards her. She would know those movements from a mile away, causing her to let out a snort.

"Chris, I swear to god you better get me down from here before my beta runs away," she warned as the man stood eye level with the dangling girl. A small smirk was present on his lips as he studied her slightly turning from the breeze.

"Nice to see you too Hale."

//.//

Levi arrived at the small clearing just as Scott approached Liam on the ground.

"I'm a monster!" Liam yelled at them both, with Scott standing up from the ground as Levi walked to beside him.

"You're not a monster. You're a werewolf Liam," Scott spoke firmly.

"Like us." Levi finished, the two alphas sharing a quick smile before looking down at their beta on the ground.

Whatever happened from here, Levi thought, it was all worth it.