Chapter 8

Scott kept Levi tucked under the arm that was swung over her shoulder as they exited the class. He could still sense her nerves over her control and their new beta, not to mention her brother seemingly also going through some unexplainable changes.

Even from the bare contact between Scott's fingertips as they lightly grazed Levi's bare shoulder, he could feel her exhaustion across her body. After her panicked driving escape - not to mention being de-aged with Derek because of Kate who had burned her family alive - Levi hadn't managed to get that much of a decent sleep over the past few days.

Not that any of them were getting amazing sleep, after the tomahawk throwing mute was still out on the loose with a target for the supernatural.

Levi leaned into Scott's body as they paused at his locker, taking a moment to try to regain some energy. He quickly scanned the corridor before lightly placing his hand on her wrist, and watching as the veins in his wrist turned black. Levi usually would have pulled away, but she was simply just too exhausted. Scott watched as his veins turned back to normal, and kept his eyes on the alpha as she managed to compose herself a bit better.

"We're having a pack meeting to talk about what we're going to do with Liam on the full moon tomorrow night, but seeing as we have no classes left for the rest of the day you're coming to mine to get some sleep, okay?" Scott informed Levi, not leaving any doubt for the girl to deny his request.

She knew he was looking out for her as the pack leader, but it didn't stop the flutter she got in her stomach as he smiled down at her.
Scott smiled down at her as he closed the metal locker door shut, pulling her back underneath his arm and tucked into the side of his body as they walked.

Although he would like to claim it was to help with any exhaustion Levi may have left, he knew it was more of a personal choice than a helpful one. And although Levi knew she was probably fine to walk without the extra support from Scott, she just couldn't bring herself to push him away from her.

They were the first to arrive to the small space hidden between two school buses, and Levi turned to Scott and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. He stared back, them standing chest to chest.

"Thank you for earlier," Levi almost whispered, licking her lips nervously as Scott stated deeply at her. He reached out and brushed a strand of hair that had fallen into her face to behind her ear.

"Anytime." He answered, his eyes trailing across her face to take it all in.

They both had suddenly became aware of how close together they were now standing, their bodies touching and Scott could almost feel Levi's breath on his neck. His hand rested beside her ear where the strand of hair had been tucked behind, as he looked down at her lips.

Levi leaned up slightly, an almost hunger forming in her chest as Scott tilted his head down to face hers.

Just as Levi felt Scott's breath almost on her skin, they were interrupted by Stiles' trademark sarcasm loudly approaching as he bickered with Malia over something, causing the two alphas to jump apart.

Stiles didn't notice their awkward states as he arrived beside them, but Malia certainly did. She sniffed the air slightly, studying the chemosignals that were still in the air and eyed the two with an accusatory glint in her eyes. She opened her mouth to say something, but Levi sent her a killer glare that even Stiles would have notice had he not now engaged Lydia and Kira in conversation as they arrived.

-

"I'm not sharing my basement," Malia growled out, looking between them all at the idea of Liam also being chained up at Lydia's lake house. 

"Actually, it's my basement," Lydia noted, holding her hands crossed in front of her as she narrowed her eyes at Malia. "and my mom noticed how you tore it up last time."

Malia opened her mouth to protest, but Stiles butted in with a look of disapproval towards Lydia. 
"All right, she's still learning." Malia smiled slightly at him and Levi noticed Lydia scowl ever so slightly before Scott continued with the conversation. Levi was leaning against his side, and his hand was lightly on her wrist - hiding from the rest of the pack that he was taking her exhaustion away again.

"But, we're going to use the boathouse for Liam: it's got support beams!" He proudly noted, while Lydia looked at him almost frustrated. Levi smiled slightly at the girl and she relaxed, noting the alpha's attempt to soothe her friend. 

"We can chain him to one of them," Levi finished Scott's comment, and the rest of the pack studied her for a moment. It was clear she wasn't doing too well in comparison to the rest of them - her face was pale and the usual cheeky gleam in her eyes was gone. 

Kira turned their attention away from Levi's ill state and back into the matter at hand. "But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?".

Before any of them could answer, Stiles scoffed heavily and raised a hand. He looked between the other five members of the pack and wildly sung his arms in the air.
"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake," he declared, before Levi shot him a glance.

"I'm in!" Malia, who had missed Levi's warning shot at Stiles piped up. Scott huffed from beside Levi as he addressed the two of them.

"We're not killing or kidnapping him," he deadpanned in disbelief that the two were actually considering it. 

"Then let's be smarter," Lydia announced, haing watched Levi's eyes almost flutter from exhaustion and knowing that the sooner they ended this meeting the sooner her best friend could get some sleep. "We tell him there's a party and invite him."

"So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" Stiles pointed out, a hint of disapproval in his tone as he narrowed his eyes at the strawberry blonde. 

"No, I'm done with teenage boys," Lydia rolled her eyes, watching as a small ghost of a smile spread on Levi's lips, remembering the year prior where Lydia had been standing at their lockers with Allison and comparing freshmen. Levi was lost in her thought for a second, thinking about her fallen warrior when she snapped back into the conversation.

"But, if we're playing a trick on someone, let's use the trickster," her head turned to look at Kira who jumped like a deer in headlights, before the girl in question swung her head round to look at them all.

"Who? Me? No way. Not me." She blabbered, staring back at Lydia in disbelief. 

"Yes, you!" Lydia sighed, narrowing her eyes again. "You know what they call a female fox?  A vixen," she continued, a playful smirk now etched on to her face. Levi couldn't help but mirror the smirk, the two girls were so close now that they literally knew what each other was thinking.

"Me?"

The group all looked Kira up and down in approval as the rest of the mulled over the sensible idea that he banshee was suggesting to them all.

"You can do it, Kira." Levi urged, again followed by a pause from the pack as they took in her current state.

"Be a vixen."

///-//

After a complete car malfunction, in which Levi realised her car had completely no gas left due to her frantic driving the day prior, Scott and Levi had waited and watched in the heavy rain as her car was towed away.

Therefore, their only other option had been Scott's dirt bike which didn't exactly provide them with shelter from the rain either.

Which is why Levi found herself being handed a large tee from Scott's clean laundry and a pair of Melissa's old PJ trousers as the woman was hurrying out the door to start her night shift at the hospital. She had given the two alphas heated towels before telling Scott to get both of them some dinner and she would pay him back.

After successfully demolishing a pizza between them, Levi and Scott headed up to his room for Scott to do his homework, and so that Levi could grab a quick nap from her state of exhaustion.