Chapter 21

"You've been evolving Levi, starting from the moment I turned you back into you're 12 year old self - all for this one reason," she continued, grinning as the alpha's eyes widened in panic as she understood why she had been so ill and why her green eyes had been returning. "I'd always wondered what it would feel like to have someone as powerful as you working for me."

As Kate opened the girl's mouth and began to pour a dark, thick grey liquid in, Levi tried to let out yells that became gurgles. Her eyesight became clouded over, and her thoughts became muddled. What was left of her clouded eyesight had turned green, a familiar sign that her eyes were now glowing that colour.

All she now knew, was that Kate was saving her.

//.//

When Levi came to, she was lying on the floor of a room filled with bones and skulls. The teenager scrambled to her feet, unsure of what Kate had done to her considering she definitely was no longer feeling like Kate was "saving her" and she definitely did not feel like being on Kate's side. It was as if the effects had worn off while she had fallen unconscious, and she wondered if this was a part of Kate's plan or if this was her being strong enough to avoid the plan.

As she stood up, she was suddenly wrestled to the ground by one of Kate's monster's, but one look at the eyes peering out from the mask had her instantly stop fighting and allowed him to pummel her into the ground with punches. She couldn't hurt Scott even if he wasn't himself. Kate knew that, she knew exactly what she was doing to the alpha.

"I'm going to have to do a better job of covering that up," Kate noted as Scott pulled himself away from attacking Levi, causing the tattoo to be visible in the moonlight. "Don't want the rest of your friends figuring it out before it's too early."

"How did you do that?" Levi was shocked, barely managing to get the words out of her mouth.

"That's... That's the better story." Kate started to explain. "You see, when I first got away from the Calaveras, I had no idea where to go. But something kept pulling me here, to the temple of Tezcatlipoca. His name means "smoking mirror" and this place is a temple of the smoking mirror. Obsidian. When I got here, I found the Berserkers waiting for me. They helped me survive. I didn't know quite why until just recently." 

Kate walked in a circle around the broken and bleeding alpha, knowing that this would be hurting her just as much emotionally as it was physically. 

"Until I decided to trust someone I never thought I'd trust," Kate continued and Levi paused before it came to her. 

"Uncle Peter?" She asked in utter betrayal, knowing that even though he was a shady prick she had at least thought that when he had paid regular visits to her, he had been there to actually see if she was okay - not if she was dead as she was now understanding. Kate nodded as she continued telling the story.

"It was then that I found out I could not only control the Berserkers, but I could create them. They call me La Loba," The name instantly sent a flashback to Levi from only a month before when she had been with her brother at his loft.

"Now my friends, you're going to tell us about la loba." Derek helped Levi up. "Where's the she-wolf?"

Derek spat on the floor while moving Levi protectively behind him.

"You should just go ahead and kill me, because you're never going to find Cora and I'm not giving you Levi."

The leader squinted at the two of them in confusion. "Cora? Who the hell is Cora?"

Derek and Levi shared confused looks before a smoke bomb was thrown into the room and they all ducked as it started filling the room with smoke. Derek held on to Levi's shoulder as they crouched on the ground and a loud animalistic roar was heard throughout the loft.