Chapter 15

"Maybe I do." Scott promised, causing Deaton and Chris to look at the young alpha in confusion but almost proud.

"That's a lot of burden to carry, Scott." Deaton probed, wanting to see how dedicated the young boy was going to be to his new cause.

"I don't care. No one else dies. Everyone on that list. Everyone on that Dead Pool. It doesn't matter if they're wendigos, or werewolves, or whatever. I'm gonna save everyone."

//.//

"The mean number of students per classroom, y, at Central High School can be estimated using the equation y=0.8636x + 27.227, where x represents the number of years since 2004 and x is less or equal than 10. Which of the following statements is the best interpretation of the number 0.8636 in the context of this problem?"

"Lydia, that's it. I am not going." Levi groaned, hitting her head against Lydia's headboard before groaning, rubbing the sore patch on her shoulder from her previous encounter with a dead pool assassin. 

The strawberry blonde rolled her eyes at her friend as she paced the floor in front of her bed, waving a finger at the alpha. "Levi, you are sitting the SAT today and that is final!" Lydia scoffed, collapsing down on the bed next to her best friend.

"You don't need to sit it today, so why do I?" She exclaimed, closing her eyes and placing a hand over her face. The alpha was much more stressed out by the fact her name was now officially on the dead pool, especially as it was not exactly a comforting number next to her name.

"I sat it last year Levi, we both know this," Lydia glared at her, watching as the alpha opened her eyes and flashed them red at Lydia in annoyance.

The banshee leaned over, smacking her across the head with the SAT preparation book she was currently reading questions to Levi out of. The alpha's eyes turned back to normal as she flicked her hair over her shoulder and let out another groan.

"Lyds, I have more important things to worry about! I'm worth 20 million! MILLION!" Levi exclaimed, running a hand through her hair. Lydia was also afraid for her best friend, after basically feeling her dying only nights before. It hadn't taken Lydia's large IQ to realise that the odd feeling she had been getting was Levi's near death experience after Scott had explained to Stiles and her what had happened to Levi after they got the emergency call to meet him at the animal clinic.

"Yeah, but you'll be worth nothing to colleges if you don't go do your SAT."

Levi groaned, saying her byes before heading towards the school.

//.//

She opened the paper in front of her, a scowl across her face as she began to start the paper. Just as she was filling in the questions, her chest suddenly felt a bit tighter. Levi paused, bringing a hand to rub at her chest before taking a breather. She had a quick glance around the room, only to meet eyes with the proctor. He was staring right into her, and Levi sundered at the intensity of his glare before she turned back to her paper.

A thud on the ground next to her caused Levi to snap her head to find the source of the noise. A girl - whom she faintly could remember as being called Sydney? - had slumped out of her seat and onto the floor. 

"Sydney! Are you all right?" Ms Martin asked, ignoring the frantic look that Levi was giving her. Levi knew it was just down to nerves, but something was off. There was something not right going on - and it stemmed from the feeling she had got when speaking to Lydia that very morning.

"I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy," the teenager explained to Lydia's mother as the woman helped her up off the floor. She ran a hand nervously through her hair, embarrassed that she had just collapsed in front of a full classroom of juniors.