Chapter 20

"Alleah!"

Silence.

"Alleah."

Silence.

"Alleah?"

Nothing.

Andrew poked his head out from around the corner of the bed and grinned at me. I was in the corner of our bedroom furthest away from the door, the door whose view was blocked by the body of the bed.

I sat blankly and stared at him with my same face I'd had since I entered this heck. Tears were still spilling from my eyes and my dress was ruined from all the stains they were causing. I kept my arms folded and didn't even bother to smile as I looked him in the eyes.

"Alleah, please. Please stop crying. You're home with Dad! You're home with me."

I looked at him in the most agonizing way I could make myself look, an expression of despair and horror. The truth was that I felt that way and I wanted him to know without a doubt that it was all his fault. His lips pulled down at the corners and he looked at me sadly. I was not going to let his sad expression change my mind for anything.

He went beside me and I felt his arms snake around my knees and my back as he pulled me into his arms. This was one of the last places I wanted to be but I didn't have it in me to fight him. He sat where I had been sitting and kissed my cheek sweetly like a father does to his daughter.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to come home," he whispered into my ear. "Dad's been so worried about you and I have too."

I buried my face into his shoulder and just kept on letting the hurt trickle down my face. I couldn't even speak. The sorrow of everything was crashing down on me. Oliver had ruined everything. My father was now alone without me and he had to be hurting too. All the family he had left was gone now and he really had no reason to live anymore. It was ten at night, exactly three hours since I'd been kidnapped.

"Look, I know you're upset about leaving that Brent guy but let's just face it," Andrew continued. "I needed you more than he did."

"You don't even know what you're talking about," I choked, wiping a big glob of moisture away from the corners of my eyes.

"If you say so," he shrugged. "I think it's true."

"Well you're wrong," I snapped at him. He had Zemlicka here to take care of any want, need, or even problem that he had. My father had nobody. "Dad needs me more than you or that Zemlicka freak."

"Oh, so now you feel like talking? Good. Let's talk then."

"Not if you're going to keep trying to convince me that Zemlicka is our father. I'm so sick and tired of listening to that bull crap. I don't want to hear another word about it."

"Okay, fine. Let's talk about what we've been doing without each other."

"What's the point of that?" I muttered. "I've just been trying to keep my freedom, but all is lost now. I might as well just curl up and die right here."

He looked shocked. "Alleah, what has gotten into you? We're doing this for your good."

"How is it for my good? He's taking complete control of us! Has he ever told you why he loves you so much? It's because of your powers, thats why. He's using us, Andy."

"Why would Dad use us? He wouldn't. Stop letting Brent fill your mind with lies! I'm tired of it."

"He's not filling my head with lies," I argued. "He's serious! Zemlicka is the one lying to you! Haven't you ever wondered what happened to our mother?"