Chapter 3

"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else!" Jessica sang as we headed toward her car. One Direction songs were blaring from the mall's stereo speakers and Jess was totally loving it.

"Jess, check out that Camaro!" I pointed to the glossy yellow Camaro, which was sitting about two cars aisles from Jessica's car. My attempt to distract her completely failed and she kept singing.

"But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell you don't know-ow-ow! You don't know you're beautiful!"

"That song is officially overplayed," I groaned as she began to dig in her pocket for her keys.

"Are you kidding me? That song will never, and I repeat NEVER will be overplayed. Ever!"

"Oh yes it will!" I chuckled, preparing to throw the bags into the trunk as she slid it open.

"Whatever," she muttered, adjusting the bag to fit securely against the wall. Just as we were about to get in the car, a high-pitched screech came from behind the car and there stood the bumblebee Camaro. Just as it registered to me what car it was, two men in completely black clothing got out and one cocked a gun, the barrel facing right at my face.

"Get in the car, Alleah," the smaller brunette ordered, pointing to the Camaro as I stood there in complete astonishment.

"Oh my gosh!" Jessica cried. "What if they're rapists? What if they want you to kill you? Let's just get out of here!" she hissed, but we both knew we were stuck. Just by the way the taller man held the gun, I knew he meant business. But what for?

"Never!" I heard myself say, silently praying that I wouldn't pay for opening my big mouth.

"Young lady, if you knew what was good for you, you'd get in the car," the other man said angrily, his grip on the gun tightening.

"If you don't put that freaking gun down, I'm going to call the cops!"Jessica shrieked, horror creeping on her expression. She looked like she was going to start crying any second, but she held her composure somehow.

"Quiet!" the shorter one growled at her before turning back to me. "Alleah Smith, get in the car this instant or we'll be forced to act. We don't want to hurt you, just please, come get in the car."

"Look, I think you have the wrong girl!" I felt myself beginning to tremble as I began to focus more on the gun. He said he wouldn't hurt me, but how could I trust him? With the pull of the trigger, I could be dead and I had to be honest. That scared the crap out of me. "My last name is not Smith!"

"Your real last name is," he said as he slowly took a few steps toward me. I felt another wave of nerves spark through my body as I watched this and I backed away from the car slowly as he started to inch forward.

"Stay away from me," I ordered, though it sounded more like a plea. I had never been so terrified in my life.

"Alleah, if you don't get in the car this instant, we're going to have to do this the hard way," he sighed, sounding exasperated. "Please come and get in the car this very moment."

"No," I cried, starting to back up more as his steps got longer and longer.

"RUN ALLEAH!" Jessica yelled from the driver's seat of the car. I watched her dive into her car and lock it while the man reached out to grab me. Slapping his arm away, I started to run away as fast as my athletic legs could carry me. I pushed like I never had before, searching for places I could escape as I kept sprinting.

"Gosh, dang it!" I heard the man yell as he and his partner got in the camaro to speed after me. This was not going to turn out well. I was almost in the store when the camaro screeched past me and turned, blocking my path off just as I would have been running there.

With a hard whack, I found myself on the ground next to the bumblebee camaro, my hand holding my head where it had hit. It throbbed like the heart of a hummingbird and I knew that they had me. I couldn't even get up off the ground with the throbs echoing in my ears.

"We've got her," the shorter man informed the driver as he stepped out of his car, looking at me with what I made out to be a smirk, though I couldn't have been sure. Everything was spinning in different directions like a spotlight was twirling around everything and my head was still pulsing.

"Wha-what do you you wa-want?" I choked as his hands grasped my upper arms, lifting me up as if I weighed nothing and pulling me with him over to the car. If it had been any other moment, I would be fighting with all the strength I had. Right now, my head heart too bad to even consider it.

"Your father sent us, dear," he said, helping me lay down in the back of the camaro. With a click of the seatbelt he had just secured around me, he pushed his seat back and sat down, pulling his own seatbelt around his shoulder as the driver put the camaro into gear, pulling away from the mall and Jessica.

"My father?" I breathed. "What are you talking about? I don't even have a father. My mother said my father left her a very long time ago, before I was even born."

"Life is full of surprises, isn't it?" the driver smiled, but it didn't reassure me of anything.

"I think you're full of bull crap," I snapped weakly, rolling my eyes dramatically.

"Alleah, do you really think someone would lie to you about something like this?" the driver asked, throwing a glance in my direction.

"Do you really think that someone's real father would have some freak of his point a gun at his own daughter just to get her to come back to be with him and live with him?" I threw back, smirking. "I certainly don't believe it."

"I'm pretty sure that's the only way we could've actually gotten you, seen as how even that didn't exactly work so well," the passenger pointed out.

"Same still applies," I muttered under my breath. "I'm not going to believe you."

"Alleah, do we really have to go through all the pain and suffering of getting a freaking DNA test done just to prove that you're the daughter of my boss, or will you just stop being so dang difficult and just believe us?"

That stopped me in my tracks. They were actually confident enough to use the DNA testing and that alone made me stop and think. "You're telling me that you would actually go get a DNA test done if I requested it?"

"Yes, why?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well, I guess in that case I might actually be able to believe you," I admitted, pursing my lips and massaging my head.

"That's good because we know without a doubt it's true. We could also compare you to your bro-"

"Whoa, dude," the driver held up a hand from the steering wheel and shook his head. "Way too much information in one day. She doesn't need to know about that too."

"-if he was here," the passenger finished and clamped his hand over his mouth. "Whoops."

"What?" I asked, looking at them incredulously.

"Nothing, Alleah," the driver quickly said, his eyes keeping focused on the road.

"Please just tell me," I sighed, preparing myself for whatever news was to come next.

"I'm afraid this is something we should let your father tell you," the passenger said. "I'm really sorry. I just think he can explain it better. But for now, here," he handed me some pills and a can of Fresca soda pop, "take these to help with your head pain.

"Um, okay," I took the things away from him and took the pills, sipping some Fresca to wash the pills down the tubes.

Minutes later, a drowsy sensation weighed down on me and I knew why he'd had me take these. Resting my head on the soft leather seat, I laid back and let my eyelids slide shut, my body falling into a deep sleep as the passenger and the driver continued their drive to the house of their boss, or also known now as my father.

A/N: Hey everyone I hope you enjoy this. If you do would you mind giving me some feedback? I love to hear what people think of my stories! Thanks guys!