Chapter 9

"She's been out for 6 hours. Is that normal?" my father's deep bass sounded in my ears.

"For that type of a head wound? Yes, it's very normal actually," a squawky soprano came from next to my father. "She suffered some pretty serious head trauma. What happened?"

"I'm honestly unsure," my father replied. I heard the familiar scratch come after, my father scratching his head thoughtfully. "I think she and my son got into a fight."

"Oh my," I opened my eyes to see the nurse's hand fly up to her mouth. She looked a bit disturbed and acknowledged my father before running off. I couldn't help but laugh a little at the woman. If she only knew.

"You think she's scared of me now?" I joked, smiling to my father from the hospital bed. He whirled around to where I laid and grinned back.

"Honey, you're awake," he smiled happily, picking me up in an embrace. "We need to get out of here. Right now."

"You think they'll let me?" I asked, feeling my spirits rise. I had only been awake for a few minutes and already I could feel how clammy and weak my body was. The hospital gown was also very itchy along the seams. It was time to bail.

"I don't know and to be honest with you, I don't care. Here," he said, holding out a pair of clothes to me and helping me take out the I.V. "Go change and let's get out of here before Zemlicka discovers where you are, alright?"

"Sure thing, Dad," I agreed. I took the clothes with me and ran into the bathroom, setting them down and snapping my fingers. It was great to be back in my clothes that fast and I was out of the bathroom before Barry or Phil could complain. My hair even was back in its smooth flowing style.

We left as soon as I threw the gown on the bed and began running down the halls. A heartbeat pounded in my head mildly, but I had to ignore it so we could get away. I couldn't handle any more fights today and if they caught us again, there would surely be another one, but this time it would be worse. I was weak and Zemlicka was determined; the two of those was not going to combine efficiently in my favor at ALL.

"The car is on the right side of the pillar," Barry told my father as we exited the hospital doors. "It's black so it will sort of blend in with the pavement."

"Nice work, Barry," my father sent a bro punch into his shoulder and headed toward the little black Porsche we could now spot in our peripheral vision.

"Good grief, how are we going to fit Phil's big butt in that little car?" I teased Phil as my father pushed the unlock button on the car remote controller. The car beeped and the doors automatically opened theirselves, leaving me speechless. Man, my dad sure had stylish cars.

"Hey, I warned him, Alleah," Barry informed me and tried to stifle his laugh, but it escaped his lips in one of his booming hoots.

"My butt is not big!" Phil denied, examining his butt as he hopped into the car. He sat down and started pinching it to see what fat he had on there, making a face. "I can barely even get any fat from off of it!"

"Phil, seriously," my father rolled his eyes while Barry took a seat, pulling the passenger seat back to it's original place so that I could take a seat. "Why must you be so gullable?"

"Gullable?" he repeated.

"Yeah, it's written on the ceiling," I whispered back to Phil as I clicked my seatbelt on. Phil gasped and his gaze flickered to the ceiling.

"Brent I swear I didn't.....what the heck are you talking about!" he shrieked at me. My father plugged the keys into the ignition and sped away from the hospital while Barry and I just sat and died of laughter.

"Phil," was all I could manage to say before I was engulfed in another wave of laughter. Now my head really felt like it was going to blow.

"Sometimes I wonder about you, Phil," my dad added, chuckling under his breath as I held my stomach, gasping for air.

"BLONDE!!!" I laughed hysterically. Phil's expression was absolutely priceless. He was sulking and Barry was still dying.

"You guys are cruel and evil children," Phil muttered, folding his arms and trying to look tough. Barry let out another hooting chuckle and I finally calmed down into just a soft laugh, feeling quite satisfied with my mean little trick.

"How's your head feeling, sweetheart?" my father asked me when the laughter finally died out.

"Ehh," I frowned, my attention being diverted straight back to the throbbing disco party in my head. It was pretty severe, but I knew I couldn't let myself focus on it no matter how bad it was. "Better."

"Are you sure?" he asked, sending me a fatherly look of concern.

"I'm fine, Dad, really," I promised, scooting my butt back more comfortably in my seat.

"Okay, I hope so. We'll be home in a few hours, so I'd like it if you could energize yourself. We have no idea how much chaos is ahead of us and we need to be fully prepared."

"Okay, Dad," I nodded and leaned my head back against the head rest of the Porsche. It was going to be a bumpy ride and my Dad was definitely right. I needed more energy. I allowed my brain to release all the powers I possessed at the moment through my body and I instantly felt its strength returning the energy in my body that I needed so badly. It was time to prepare for war, and war it was going to be.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Hey guys thanks for your patience. I owe you guys so much for having to wait so long! I appreciate you so much :) thanks a ton! :)