Chapter 21

For a week I refused to do any work. I needed to "get used to being away from Earth". Zemlicka and Andrew were both angry at me but the truth was that I had no energy whatsoever.

I was depressed.

About a week later, both had had enough.

"Come on, Alleah," Andrew said loudly one morning. I peeked at the clock sneakily and groaned loudly. Who in their right mind gets up at five in the morning to do work?

"Go away, Andrew," I groaned, throwing the blanket over my head in annoyance. "I don't want to be here. I don't want to work. I'll do as I please."

If any of you have a brother, you can totally understand that brothers don't take things literally at all. Next I think I knew I was on the floor in my tank top and shorts, glowering at him. He was holding my blanket and grinning evilly at me.

"I hate you," I muttered, gathering just enough strength to climb back in the bed.

"Nah, you love me and you know it," he laughed, throwing my blanket at me. It hit me at such a force that I felt my body be thrown into mid air and plummet to the floor. Was he trying to put me in a wheelchair?

"Andrew," I hissed, feeling more grouchy than ever before. "Leave."

"Not until you come with me," he insisted.

"So Zemlicka can use me?" I laughed bitterly. "I think not."

Andrew became very angry at that moment. I'd never even thought my brother was capable of getting so angry. He marched over to my bed and grabbed me by the neck, pushing my pressure points roughly so I would move. I let out a yelp of pain and started to fight him, sending another electric shock through my body.

"Dang it!" he hollered. He let go of me and I shot toward the door, only to meet the devil himself right in the face.

"What in the name of all that's holy is going on in here?" Zemlicka asked, watching Andrew recover from being shocked.

I froze in my place and gulped. The man in authority was here and I didn't even want to know what he was going to make me do. He would probably kill me; he hadn't been afraid to kill my mother and he most certainly wouldn't be afraid to kill me.

"She won't do anything, Father! She won't even listen to me!" Andrew huffed. He slowly got back up and started to charge for me, at which point I decided that flying was definitely in order.

Andrew's expression turned to one of complete surprise as he knew he was going to miss me. He went through the wall of our bedroom in an attempt to catch me and Zemlicka looked shocked.

"That's enough you two!" he screeched, sending Andrew and I both into a frozen state. I bit my lip and leaned up against the wall, lowering myself back down to ground level.

"Andrew, son, I appreciate your dedication, but maybe Alleah isn't ready yet," Zemlicka said to Andrew before he spoke to me. "And you, missy, will never disobey your father, you hear me?"

"I will always disobey you!" I barked. "You know why? You are not my father! Do you have DNA proof that we're yours? Do you?"

"Alleah, stop this non-"

"ANSWER MY QUESTION!" I screamed at him. My throat burned afterward but it silenced him immediately. Anger was shooting through my veins as he avoided the question. It made me hate him to a point that I didn't think I could hate him any more."

"Yes," he said, sticking his nose up in the air.

"See, I TOLD you, Alleah," Andrew interjected.