Nine Boys One Me.

Dear Diary,

Dad did it again. He left for another night. Leaving me here with my twin brother. Dustin's really getting tired of him just leaving us here. He claims he's going to take me and we're going to file for another legal guardian. I'm so close to just giving it all up. Everything. Just letting everything, including my life, leave.

Dustin's just as depressed as I am. Ever since our mother left when he found out Dustin would be diagnosed with down syndrome, thank God he got through it when he turned three. The doctor said it was only temporary. Which I didn't understand, but we got the information, three months after our mother left us, with our abusive, druggie father. It just hurts. Drop. Drop. Oh great, here are the tears.

Well,

Goodnight,

Marni Cassen Price.

"Marni!" Dustin screamed, causing me to throw my diary down and run to his room.

"What, are you okay? What happened? If you hurt him I'm going to kick your arse!" I screamed, all turning out to sound jumbled.

"I found someone who's willing to take us away from here," He turned, looking at me, "Our Godparents. Michelle and Dennis Matthews. They live in California, which is only a few states over from where we are. They said they'd send us a private jet Mar! They're loaded, and they actually are willing!" He seemed so happy. "We leave tomorrow night, and then we walk to the Wilkinson's airport, tell the security guide who we are, and then we get on the jet, fly to California, and be happy. Something I never remember being." He finally stopped talking, and I just thought this was too good to be true.

"This too good to be true, Dusty." I murmured.

"Pack, Marni. Don't doubt this. Don't you want to finally be sixteen, and happy?" His eyes were filling with angry tears.

"Fine. I'll pack. But no matter what, we're in this together." I said, wrapping him up in a big hug.

"Of course."

"Let's go pack, then I'll order us a pizza." I suggested. Dustin nodded.

I started packing my clothes, and I picked up my phone, unlocking it and dialing the local pizza place.

"Hey Mar." My friend who worked there, Micheal, answered.

"Mike!" I answered.

"The usual?" He asked. I answered with a yes.

"Look Mike, I'm leaving town tomorrow. Get the group to the hideout."

"Okay. Be there in twenty. By the way, that'll be Seven dollars and fifty cents."

I laughed and hung up.

"Hey Dust, I have to leave to meet the group soon," I called.

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too." I answered, before storming out quietly to meet the group at our special meeting place.

I got there in record time, considering I'm in volleyball, track, soccer, and softball. I was always the sportsy one, while Dustin was the artsy type. Not saying I couldn't draw well, just not even close to as well as Dustin's drawings. He always wanted to be an artist, so I got him enrolled into an art camp for the summer this year. He'll be leaving really soon; in July. It's April.

"MARIE!" I screamed, launching myself into her arms.

"Marni! Why did Micheal say it was an emergency to come here?" She looked confused, but nonetheless, she hugged me back. Tightly.