chapter twenty-one

chapter twenty one //

//

A few months later, I was exactly five months pregnant. I had a doctors appointment today with Cole to get the gender of our baby.

Michelle had commented that the baby must be growing really, really quickly, because I was way bigger than she was when she was pregnant with single babies.

Which brings me to the future:

"Miss Price, are you aware you have three heartbeats in your body right now?"

What? "Huh? Is my baby some mutant thing with three heartbeats? FRICK!"

"No, no," the doctor said calmly. "You have three heartbeats in you right now: yours, and your twin son and daughter."

I glared at Cole. "YOU ASSHAT! YOU NOT ONLY GOT ME PREGNANT, BUT YOU GOT ME PREGNANT WITH TWO BABIES! TWINS!" Cole's smile widened. "WAIT. I'm having twins?"

The doctor gave a laugh. "Yes, a boy and a girl."

"Cole," I called.

"Yeah, baby?"

I smacked his head. "WAS ONE NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?"

He rolled his eyes and used a tissue to wipe the cold gel off my bulging belly. I pulled my shirt down, thanked the doctor, and then Cole and I left.

In the car, my mind was running wild. "You know we have to name them, right? And I have to name them after my brother and your family, because they mean a lot to me."

"I know baby,"

I liked the names Artexis Michelle for a girl, and Brexton Dennis for a boy.

I also liked Attaley Leah, Sage Marie, Drexton Micheal, Brayden Alexander, and Levi Dakota.

Cole liked those names too, so we had to come up with an agreement.

We wouldn't do that until closer to the babies' birth, though, so we had plenty of time.

When we got home, Cole and I had decided not to tell the sexes of the babies, or that there were two babies, until dinner.

My very pregnant belly was protruding so far that I couldn't see my toes.

I couldn't see my toes.

I couldn't see my own toes.

I burst into tears. Why? Because I couldn't see my toes.

Try and challenge me.

Cole ran in a few moments later, frantic. "Baby? Baby what's wrong?!" He asked.

"I CAN'T SEE MY OWN TOES!" I screamed, sobbing. "I'M SO FAT! YOU WON'T WANT ME IF I'M FAT!"

His grin widened. "Baby, you aren't fat," he put his hand on my big belly, my sniffles ceasing a bit. "You're carrying our son and daughter," he planted a kiss on my forehead. "And I," he kissed my right cheek. "Will always," he kissed my left cheek. "Want you." Ending with a kiss on my lips, I nuzzled into him.

"I love you, Marni Cassen Price. Never forget that." He whispered softly.

"I love you more, Cole Alexander Matthews."

After that sweet moment, my wonderful (ha, sike) brother walked in, a knowing grin on his face. "Sis, I gotta talk to you."

"Okay? Talk." I snapped.

He looked at me weird, but spoke. "Well, someone's snappy," I glared at him. "Anyway, I want to ask Sara to marry me."

"SHIT!" Cole yelled from behind me.

I turned to him. "What's wrong baby?" I asked.

"Nothing, Mar. Answer your brother."

I kissed him before turning to my brother. "I think that that's a cute decision and I think that she kind of deserves my beautiful, amazing baby brother." I finished.

He hugged me, -- well kinda considering my huge belly -- kissed my head, and walked out.

I want a cookie pizza.

//

HELLO CHILDREN AND NOT CHILDREN!

It has been what feels like years, and I apologize for my absence. I'm sorry that I haven't updated, and I promise that it'll change kinda soon.

"I really want a French baby." -my eight year old cousin thing.

Hope that made ya LAUGH :D

So yeah, the confession is gonna be in the next chapter.

HEY LOOK AT THIS PART THIS PART IS REALLY IMPORTANT:

names I like for the twins in Marni's belly:

Girls:

-Artexis

-arterix

-sage

-Attaley

Boys:

-Drexton

-Brexton

-alecsander

-aiden

-Lukas

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE AND TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS BECAUSE THE NAMES WILL BE BASED ON MAJORITY VOTES EVEN THOUGH NO ONE READS THIS LAUGHS

Love, kalynne :D