chapter seventeen [makeovers and fabulous hairstylists.]

chapter seventeen [makeovers and fabulous hairstylists]

//

A week later, I got a call from TR telling me I got booked at a local restaurant, twenty minutes away from the Matthews' residence.

Our trip got cut short due to my anger and discovery.

I haven't talked to any of the people who betrayed me since I got the record deal. They've tried, persistently, but I'm stubborn as hell, so they didn't have much luck with trying to get me to respond.

Cole had brought home one of his rebound girls, and needless to say: I'm really upset about it.

I needed to practice singing and it being one of the things I go to when I'm upset, it was basically hitting two birds with one stone.

Caves Of Ice by Destery Smith immediately flowed through me, the words and chords effortlessly coming through my mouth and fingers.

"Every time that I look into your eyes, it feels like I'm breathing sunlight. So let it in one last time, and brace for an endless night.

"'Cause there's a shadow cast, on this worn out path, that leads me miles away. To where winter never leaves, 'cause I swear that's where I will be,"

The chorus was my favorite part, and as it came up, a small smile graced my face as I looked outside my window and into the woods.

"Across the ocean, too cold for crashing waves. Where time is frozen, waiting for you to say: 'this love is with you is the best that I've ever felt,' I'll wait for you even after the ice melts."

The second verse truly have away how I felt about Cole. I was hurt, but I loved him.

I was thinking about our good times as I sang.

"I speak and see my breath, what little I have left. Finding the words to say, if only you could hear them now, but they escape or get drowned out.

"Ages pass it seems, I need you here with me. Trying to find a way, to make everything alright, so we won't have to say goodbye.

"Break free and replace this old life,

crash down beneath the ice cracks. Thaw from the frostbitten slumber,

oh it's clear now, it's clear now."

I let three stray tears fall as I sang the last part of the song.

"Across the ocean, too cold for crashing waves, where time is frozen, waiting for you to say: 'this love is with you is the best that I've ever felt,' I'll wait for you even after the ice melts."

I finished the song, wiping my face. I wasn't the strongest girl out there, I could admit that proudly, but with everything I've been through, I think only crying the little bit that I did, I proved to myself that I could be strong. No matter what Cole or anyone else throws at me, I'll come out strong.

Stronger than before, every situation I'm in, I'll find someway to make myself a better person because of it.

When I earn enough money, I'll buy an apartment for me. I'll give money to Leah and Sara for the babies, I'll be in the babies' lives. I won't let my godchild and niece or nephew grow up the way I did.

//

-two months later-

My life was perfect. As perfect as a girl still in love with her ex and is a famous singer can be.

I had my own house, my godchild was born, her name being Marni Rain.

My nephew was due in a week and a half, his name's going to be Cassius Rian Price.

I had millions of fans, all which I adored.

I was famous, rich, and slightly still missing something.

Cole.

//

Another chapter of NBOM :D

Tbh, there's not that many chapters left. Idk when the next one's gonna be out, so enjoy this one! :3

Love,

-kalynne.