chapter fifteen [may i offer you a song? no? okay]

chapter fifteen [may i offer you a song? no? okay..]

//

I woke up to banging on the camper door, and then an obnoxious Leah bursting into our room.

She took one look at us. One look. One. Her face contorted into one of a mischievous smirk, and placed a hand on her swollen belly.

"MARIE!" She screamed. "GET IN HERE!"

A few seconds later, a worried Marie burst into our room.

Cole and I were lying there still, just covered by the blankets and nothing else.

Marie saw, and she stopped dead in her tracks. "Well, lookie here. My little Marni-Bear isn't a virgin anymore. Dan's going to be so proud."

I gave her a strange look. "And why would he be proud?" I ask.

Leah grinned. "We made a bet on how long you could keep your v-card."

My jaw dropped. "And who was in this bet?"

"Me, Marie, Dan, Ian, Lee, Cole, Michelle, Nathan, and Dennis." Marie answered.

I turned to Cole, a fierce glare on my face. "YOU SERIOUSLY BET ON ME?! ON HOW LONG I COULD KEEP FROM GIVING UP MY VIRGINITY TO YOU?!" I was mad. No, not mad. Livid. Pissed.

"It's not as bad as it sounds, really. It was just a stupid bet." Cole says, shrugging.

"It's not a stupid bet to me! I had sex with you because I always thought you should only do it with someone you love! God, get out of my face! We're done!" I was probably blowing this out of proportion, but my virginity was a big deal to me. I was always told that you should never give it up unless it's with someone you love.

"Mar-" Cole started.

"Out. Now. I don't want to see you."

He nodded, his eyes full of hurt. He got dressed and left the camper.

Leah and Marie were standing there awkwardly. My eyes were full of tears, ones I would soon shed.

"Get out." I say calmly.

"Marni," they both start.

"Out." They leave, and I let myself cry.

Not for long though, I have to sing for Richard Albright today.

I slowly start getting ready. I curl my hair and apply eyeliner and mascara.

I check the time: 2:37. I have about twenty minutes before I need to leave.

I walk out of the camper with my guitar in my hands. I head toward my car and slide in the driver's seat. After putting my guitar in the passenger's seat, I start my car and pull out of the campsite to the building.

Ten minutes later, I get to the building. "TECHNICALITY RECORDS" is above it in neon letters.

I sighed and got out of my car, putting the guitar Cade's strap over my shoulder. I let out a huge sigh and walked through the doors.

The man at the front desk looked to be in his mid twenties, with his hair slicked up into a tall Mohawk. His eyes were like spiderwebs. Colored contacts. He looked up at me and quickly looked me up and down.

"Can I help you?" He asked sourly.

I sighed. "My name's Marni Price. I'm supposed to song for Richard Albright."

His eyes widened and he quickly straightened up. "Oh yes, Miss Price," he stood up and gestured for me to follow him. "Right this way. Mr. Albright is waiting for you in the studio room."

I waved my hand in thanks and walked into the studio room.

//

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER LATE BUT IN MY DEFENCE IVE BEEN AT THE BEACH HUGGING EVERYONE SO YEAH

speaking of the beach, I met a cute pair of boys named nick and JETER and they're so adorable but we left today and they live in another state D:

Nick and JETER i lovE YOU COME BACK

Why does it capitalize name what even.

-kalynne.