chapter six [free-ballin' tears.]

[ edited unless it's not ]

Chapter six; free-ballin' tears.

-

I sat in bed for who knows how long, my tears flowing as free as a dude with no underwear on.

My tears were free-ballin'.

Weird simile, but I'm upset and I don't know what I'm talking about.

I love how Dustin just turns on me, and to be honest I'm not sure exactly what I did in the first place. He's my twin brother, why would I intentionally upset him? That's like buying Taco Bell and throwing it away, not even eating it. You just spent money to enjoy some delicious Taco Bell, but you threw it away. Having him mad at me hurts so much. I feel like my heart is being stabbed. Fun, right?

There was a knock on the door, and a soft "Marni," is what I heard.

"Go away," I sobbed.

"Please let me in," it was Cole.

"Haven't you ruined my stay enough already?" I cried a little bit more, clenching my fists.

"Marni please just let me in. I know you're crying,"

I got up and walked to the door, sliding against it and falling to the floor. "Why do you want to come in?" I heard him sit on the floor the exact same way I was, with our backs to the door.

"I want to apologize for everything I've done.. I should have never done any of the things I did to you." He said truthfully.

I got up and unlocked the door and opened it. Cole fell backwards, rubbing his head.

"Hurry up, I don't want to see a certain someone." I glared at Dustin's door.

He cocked an eyebrow, but nonetheless scooted quickly into my room, just as a certain door across the hall opened up, mine shut. The lock clicked in place and I slowly turned around, so face Cole.

"What do you want?" I glared at him hard.

"Hear me out, and don't interrupt until I'm finished," he paused, took a deep breath, and continued. "Okay. So I used to have another brother, his name was Ryan. He was older than me by a year and he was my bestfriend. We were basically twins," I flinched slightly. "He died three months ago. This was his room, we'd spend almost every waking hour we could in here. So when you got here, and took his room, I immediately didn't like you. I felt like if you were here, he wasn't. Like if you moved in here, everyone would forget about Ryan," a tear rolled down his face and I wiped it away, wrapping my arms around him. He slowly put his arms around me before continuing. "But when I saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I had to blink a few times to make sure you were real.

"But all that didn't matter, because I still thought Ryan wouldn't be remembered if you weren't here. So I acted like a complete jerk, and I'm sorry.. I'm so, so sorry.." He broke down in sobs and I rubbed his back and soothed him.

"I forgive you," I wispered.

He looked at me, tears still running down his face. I wiped them away, then looked at his lips.

I looked back up at his eyes, and he was looking at my lips. I panicked, was he going to kiss me?!

He leaned in and put his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and responded to the kiss, and he wrapped his arms around me.

The kiss lasted about two minutes total, before he pulled away.

I stared at him, shocked I kissed him back.