chapter thirteen

[This chapter is most likely going to s u c k.]

Sorry it's short! D:

//

We had been walking for what seems like hours, but most likely wasn't.

"Leah! Where the frick did you go?!"

"I'm right here, stupid!"

"You're so mean when you're pregnant!" I complained.

"You're so annoying when you're you!"

"That's so mean! You're supposed to be my friend!" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

I uncrossed them when we came upon a stage near a huge building. The stage had microphones, guitars, drum sets, everything musicians would need.

I hopped into the stage, and grabbed an acoustic guitar. I strummed a few chords before playing the farmilliar melody of Panic! At The Disco's This Is Gospel.

"This is gospel for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber, assembling their philosophies, from pieces of broken memories.

"Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart.

The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds

But they haven't seen the best of us yet," I got ready for the slightly screaming part by strumming the chords a bit harder. "If you love me, let me go! If you love me let me go!

'Cause these words are knives and often leave scars, the fear of falling apart. And truth be told, I never was yours, the fear, the fear of falling apart."

I smiled, and continued the song.

"This is gospel for the vagabonds,

Ne'er-do-wells and insufferable bastards, confessing their apostasies, led away by imperfect imposters," I sang the chorus another time, before opening my eyes.

To my complete surprise, a huge crowd had formed in front of the stage, all starting to clap. "Encore! Encore!" They yelled.

I laughed, "Hi, everyone." I said shyly into the microphone.

"Who are you? Are you famous?" People asked.

"Um, I'm Marni Price. And no, I'm not even close to the realm of famous." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Are you single?" A boy asked. I blushed slightly.

"No, she's not." A firm voice answered.

Oh crap.

"Hey Cole! Come up here, buddy!" I said, scared enthusiasm.

He walked to the stage and came up to me, wrapping me in a hug. "When we get back to the camper, you're dead." He whispered in my ear.

I gulped and turned to the microphone. "Meet my boyfriend, Cole Matthews, everyone!" Applause and cheers rang through the crowd.

"Um, I have to go. Bye!" I yelled, before setting the guitar down and making a run for it.

Cole quickly caught up with me. "Not this time, cutie."

A man and woman -- dressed very professionally -- walked toward us.

"Hello, I'm Margaret Jonsan, and this is my colleague, Henry Albret. We heard you singing, and we both think you're amazing. Have you ever thought of singing for a record label?" Margaret asked.

"Um, no, not really." I answered shyly.

"Give us a call, here's my card." Henry handed me a small card with Henry Albret; Technicality Record Labels.

I wanted to shriek. "You work for Technicality Record Labels?!"

"Yes, yes we do."

"Can I like, tour the building?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course, but only if you agree to sing for our boss, Richard Albright." Margaret negotiated.

"Yes! Yes, okay!"

"Meet us tomorrow at the stage. Bring whoever you'd like, but don't be late. 3:00 pm, sharp!" Henry said, before they walked away.

I turned to Cole. "OH MY GOD. THAT ACTUALLY JUST HAPPENED!"

"I'm so happy for you, baby. Now let's go back to the camper and tell everyone."

I nodded and we walked back to the campsite. "GUESS WHAT HAPPENED!" I screamed.

"What?"

I handed Michelle the card. She read over it and looked at me happily. "MARNI! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!"

I squealed and hugged her. "They want me to sing for THE Richard Albright!"

"When?!"

"Tomorrow at three!"

"OH MY GOD! What are you going to wear?! What are you going to sing?!"

"I have no idea!" I said, still excited.

"LET'S GO PICK OUT YOUR OUTFIT!" Michelle screamed.

I nodded, and we went inside the camper to pick out my outfit. And my song. Yipeeeeeeee.

//

Um okay, so this is the suckiest chapter of anything ever written.

I'm so sorry I haven't had a new chapter out, but in my defense, I lost inspiration for it.

I have a little bit of inspiration, but I don't want to stretch this story out. It'll probably be completed in about twenty chapters, give or take.

But, I go to the beach AGAIN, July tenth through the fifteenth. So yeah, I'll be busy with my bestfriend and such [sike lol im a loser].

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY CRYSTALYN! YOU DON'T READ SO YOU WONT SEE THIS, BUT I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND IM SO GLAD YOU GET TO COME WITH ME TO THE BEACH! YOURE MY BESTFRIEND AND YOUVE BEEN THERE FOR ME THROUGH THICK AND THIN AND TBH ID NEVER MAKE IT THROUGH ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU, AND I KNOW IM A CRAPPY FRIEND SOMETIMES AND I NEVER ANSWER MOST OF YOUR TEXTS, BUT I APPRICIATE EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR ME AND HOW YOUVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME NO MATTER WHAT STUPID THING HAPPENED. ITS BEEN ALMOST NINE YEARS I THINK AND IM SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY THAT YOU CHOSE ME [lol SIKE u got stuck with me] TO BE YOUR BESTFRIEND. I LOVE YOU FAGGOT :D

-kalynne.