Prologue

| Connie's POV |

I just don't know what it is about Steven.

Every time I see him, I'm just so happy.

But that's gone now, I can't see him anymore.

How am I supposed to not help him?

I never felt like that before.

I'm sitting in my room, reading a new book I bought. I see a word I don't understand, surprisingly. So I open my laptop, to look up the word. The screen lights up, and I'm met with a familiar picture. It was of Steven and I in the Sky Arena. Pearl and I were helping him learn Sword Fighting.

--FLASHBACK--

He was battling a Holo-Pearl, when he accidentally fell. He fell, off of the Arena. I ran over to the ledge, hoping that he was holding on. Pearl chased after. When we got to the ledge, Steven was screaming. He was still holding on.

But before I got to him, he let go. He couldn't hold himself up anymore. I screamed his name, watching him fall further. I looked back to Pearl in terror. She gave me a half-stern-half-terrified look as her gem glowed. She reached into her gem, pulling out a long rope. She whipped it towards me, causing it to wrap around my waist.

"Connie! Jump!" She screeched.

I didn't hesitate, running off the ledge. My hair fell out of the neat ponytail it was in, it now flowed through the passing air.  Steven had his hand reached up to me as he plummeted further.  I soared down, getting closer and closer to him.  With our hands inches away, I reached further. His hand clasped mine. He pulled himself closer to me, but he was quickly thrown back when the rope ran out. When the rope ran out, I was hit with extreme whiplash. I heard something shatter. Then, a severe pain erupted from my chest.

"STEVEN!!" I screamed, noticing that my grip was wavering.

Seconds before I let go, his body turned into light.  I was mesmerized by the dazzling glow.  The light stretched up and removed the rope around my waist. I screamed as I began to fall. Then, the light grabbed me. I winced at the pain in my chest. The light took the rope and wrapped it around itself. Then, Steven reappeared with the rope wrapped around himself.  The light that grasped my hand, was replaced with his hand.  His gem glowed pink, as a bubble engulfed us. We fell to the bottom of the bubble, his hand still clasped mine.

I screeched from the pain in my back. I could see that he noticed, considering that he was staring deeply into my eyes.  He nervously smiled, relaxing his tense body.  This might sound crazy, but I really wanted to kiss him.  His face leaned closer, as I quickly noticed that he was situated on top of me. Our faces we're inches away, when he suddenly pulled back.

"Ow!" He screamed.

He looked back down to me, "Connie your rib, it's broken."

He seemed to be in extreme pain.

"How can you tell?" I questioned.

I moved slightly, wincing. I noticed that he winced too.

"Wait, can you feel my pain?" He simply shook his head.

"I want to end that pain." Tears welled in his eyes.

Ok, I'm done. I have to do it.

I wrapped my hands around his neck. He blushed a deep red, and I could tell that I was too. My face got closer and closer to his, but he just froze.

Seriously!

I have to make the move?!

Fine, it doesn't matter.

My face inched closer and closer to his.  My lips crashed into his. He instantly responded, deepening the kiss. I pulled him closer to me, not wanting this moment to end.  He wrapped his arm around my back, pulling himself closer to me.  My arms tightened around his neck.  He rolled over, placing me on top of him.  His hands grasped my back, causing a some pain, but I didn't care.  He pulled back and gasped for air. He laughed in happiness, and I joined in.

--END OF FLASHBACK--

My first kiss with Steven, and now I haven't seen him since. He didn't get his healing powers back, so he couldn't heal me.  I had to tell my parents what happened. As much as I didn't want to. When they heard, they forbid me from seeing him for the rest of my life. For extra measure, they moved to a new state, just so I couldn't see him.

I was heart broken.

I am heart broken.

I jolted away from my thoughts when I heard my mother call my name. When I got up from my bed, I felt tears on my face. I quickly ran to the bathroom to wash my the tears away.  When I was finished, I darted down the steps. When I got downstairs, my mother was standing in the kitchen. I entered the kitchen, starting to wonder if I was in trouble. She motioned me to sit down.

"Connie, I need to talk to you about something."

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Your father has been transferred to a different area for his job." She paused, like she was pained.

"Where?"

She let out a loud sigh, "His job is now in Beach City." She paused again.

"And we will be moving there." She sighed again.

I gasped, frozen in place.