Chapter 9 : Fight

--Connie's POV--

We both jumped up and ran out to the beach house.  The house was demolished.  With broken glass, ripped up floor boards, and appliances thrown around the lot, we could tell that something bad was here.  I looked over to Steven, and he had his phone held up in the air.  I looked at the screen, and saw the title of a song....  It was the song that we fused with.

I gave him a serious look and he sternly shook his head.  He clicked the play button, and threw the phone into the air.  With each beat if the song, our bodies made movements.  I jumped into the air, and landed in his arms.  He gave me a kiss and it all went black.

--Stevonnie's POV--

"I'm back!"  I laughed.

I reached into the air and caught my phone.  Shoving my phone into my pocket, I caught up to the gems.  Garnet was directing us to where we needed to go.  I looked down to the sand, noticing one two distinctive tracks.  One's was a snake, and the other's was a bird.  Garnet paused and fixed her visor.

"In twenty seconds, a snake will burst through that bush."  With that, each gem summoned their weapon.

I grabbed my shield. 

"Lion!"  I quickly called out.

Without one second passing, a sword shot down from the sky.  Before it hit the ground, I grabbed it.  Connie, was the one mostly intrigued by Rose's Sword.  I got into a blocking stance, and waited.

"Three, two, one."  Garnet counted down.

With the mention if number one, and enormous snake launched out of the bushes.  I flew straight up into the air.  The snake paused for one second before hurling itself down to the surface.  It hit the ground with a big bang as all of us were thrown back.  When the thick cloud of sand faded away, the snake was standing at least five stories tall.  I launched myself into the sky, high enough to meet head to head with the gem monster.  I slashed my sword through the snake's neck.  I landed back down to the surface with a smash.  All of the gems looked up to the headless snake.

The corrupted gem started flailing it's body frantically.  The tail of the beast slashed garnet in the face, almost splitting her up.  The whole snake turned white, and jumbled into a ball of light.  Then, it's form shot out of each end.  It seemed as if the snake, healed itself.  Garnet jumped forward and smashed the thick scales off of it's body, Pearl threw her spear into it's head, and amethyst shocked it with her whip.

With one single regeneration, all of the damage was repaired.

"Stevonnie, try cutting of the whole body from the gem!"  Garnet shouted towards me. 

The gem was on the tail of the monster.  I ran over and lifted up my blade.  Right before I slashed through the body, I was whipped back from the tail.  I was thrown past the gems and I landed in the ocean.  The snake showed the gems it's fangs and quickly snapped at them.  Garnet pushed the snake back with her fists, but it was only delaying the inevitable. 

I decided to sneak around, and try to surprise it from behind. 

I jumped into the air, and shape-shifted into a bird.  I was able to fly over the monsters head, undetected.  Above the sky, I shifted back to my other form.  I started falling at increasing speeds to the ground.  I pulled my sword out, and got ready for impact.  I hit the ground, slicing off most of the body from the gem.  Garnet jumped over and popped the gem out of the rest of the body.  A loud poof echoed through the sky as white clouds erupted from the gem. 

"Only one more to go.  Good work."  Garnet said, smiling.

--Time Skip--

--Author's Note--

If you're thinking that I out that time skip there on accident, I didn't.  It is just to show that time will have passed during this chapter and next chapter.

I'm not good at writing battle scenes, so this might have been a completely terrible chapter...  Sorry.

I didn't feel like reading over this chapter... Cause I just wanted to publish it.  So if you see any major mistakes, just make an in-line comment.  Thank you!

So, question of the chapter, how would you rate my book so far from 1-10.  Be honest!

Don't forget to vote, share, comment, and follow!!

Have a good day!!