Chapter 14 : Something New

(I'm sorry for not updating)

--Steven's POV--

What?

Where am I?

I looked around, seeing darkness at every turn. I was suspended in mid air. Emptiness surrounded me.

"Steven." I jumped back.

I flinched when I heard the voice. I shut my eyes, then opened them again. A soft pink glow erupted from a small spark in the darkness. It consumed the black, replacing my vision with pink. I floated to the ground softly. Suddenly, vines starting growing. They seemed to out line the walls, and the floors. Beautiful flowers and bright red strawberries bloomed through the room. A grey door appeared at the opposite end of the room.

"Steven." I heard the voice again, but this time it was more welcoming.

I inched closer to the door. A small patch etched itself into the ground. A small kitten appeared, and followed me to the door. When I got to the door, I knocked softly. A triangular symbol appeared on the center of the door.

Wait, that's my symbol.

The door opened, and I my eyes met something I never thought I would ever see.

Rose Quartz.

My mother.

She smiled and hugged me, but I just stood in shock.

I mumbled slightly, "M-M-Mom?".

--Connie's POV--

Sapphire sat down beside us.  She looked slightly disturbed, and she was silent.  She hugged herself.  I looked over to her, concerned.

"Sapphire, are you ok?"  She looked away, and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Sapphire?"  She faced down, so her face was hidden.

She sniffled and gasped quietly.  I reached over and moved her hand away from her mouth.  Tears flowed down from her eye.  Her face darted towards my direction, causing her hair to situate at the sides of her head.  Her eyes was filled with tears, and whole expression read horror.  Her mouth quivered in fear.

"What's wrong?"  I asked, starting to get worried.

"Every time I look into the future, I see one hundred possible outcomes.  Only one has Ruby and I getting back together."  She broke down, letting tears flow down her face, making a puddle in the ground. I start to get nervous.

"W-we can get through this! You and Ruby will be just fine!" I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

Suddenly, Steven's gem began to glow.  I let go of it, but the gem stayed where I was holding it.  A giant form spilled out of it, large white coils sprung out of the base.  The coils retracted, and the base form shrunk.  White arms wrapped around me.  Color filled the blank space.

Steven embraced me.  He started laughing uncontrollably.  I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.  He pulled away, and looked at me.

"Why are you so happy?"  I asked, smiling.

"I got to talk to Rose!"  I pulled him close, in a big hug, not even questioning how crazy the statement that came out of his mouth was.

"Listen, I'm sorry about what happened. It was just a big mistake, she came on to me."

I froze up.

All of this.

Everything that happened today, was all because of me.

If I just listened, I wouldn't be hated by half of the gems, and Steven wouldn't have almost died.

I fisted the back of his shirt, and started to tear up.

"I'm so sorry, Steven.  I hope you can forgive me."  I say, letting a tear roll down my cheek.

His eyes go wide, "No no no!  Don't cry it's fine!  I shouldn't have left you out in front of the shop!"

He cupped my cheeks and wiped away my tears.  He started scouring over my body, like he was looking for something. He moved his hands up my sides and I winced at his touch. He lifted up my shirt and I blushed. He gasped when he saw the bruises and cuts all over me. He moved his hand onto my back and deeply kissed. The pain instantly vanished and he pulled away. He felt across my stomach, and sighed in relief when no wounds were present.

"I can't believe I did that to you." He spoke, quivering and holding back tears.

"I'm a monster." He stated, looking down at our interlocked hands.

I tightened my grip on his hand, "Don't say that."

He looked up and smiled at me.

--Author's Note--

This was a sweet chapter. With Rose talking to Steven, the rivalry of Pearl, Ruby, and Connie, this can change the whole story.

Hopefully Pearl and Ruby can work things out with Connie.

I'm sure it won't be hard but I don't know. :(

So, don't be a silent reader. (We all know I don't tolerate that very well)

The question of the day is, What is your favorite Steven Universe Theory?

Have a good day!

-Jordan