Chapter 19 : Bombing (Part 2 1/2)

This is gonna be a really short chapter.

I just wanna get a good cliff hanger.

--Connie's POV--

He groans as his skin starts to glitch.  I run over to him and kneel down beside him.  He tries to move his neck to look at me, but he winces as decides not to.  I look down at his open hand, and I instantly grab it. 

"What's wrong?!  Steven what happened?"  I screech as I look into his pained eyes. 

He slowly opens his mouth and inhales. 

"We were too late."  His voice is incredibly raspy.

"No, no.  What do you mean we were late?  We didn't take long!"  I shout as infinite thoughts race through my mind.

Tears start to stream down my face.  I crawl on top of him, so I can see into his eyes.  A small smile curls the edges of his lips.  I start to shake my head, not believing what's happening.  I start to tremble and I collapse onto his chest.  I cry onto him.

"I can't lose you!  I need you Steven!"  I look up to his face, and I notice that his form is slowly slipping away.

I feel his hand reach up to tuck a stray section of hair behind my ear.  He winces with every movement.

"Connie, you're so beautiful.  You shouldn't cry. You're in pain, and I want to end that pain." He supported my head with his shaking hand.

"Then you have to stay. Please Steven! I need your love. I need your touch. You can't just die here. We have so much to live for." I plead, my voice cracking as I try to speak.

His hand softly brushes against my cheek, wiping away my tears.

"I love you Connie. Just remember that when I'm gone." I start to phase through his body.

I whimper when his warm touch leaves my body. I sit up and see Steven with his eyes closed.

"Steven?" I whimper out, trying to touch his face, but failing.

He doesn't reply, and I break down again. I cup my eyes and inhale sharply.

I glance back at the box, and remember one thing, "If the explosion begins, the only way to de-activate it, is by something organic."

I know what I have to do.

--Author's Note--

Theorize in the comments!

Did you see the throwback?

Don't forget to vote ⭐️

See yah next time!