Chapter 18 : Bombing (Part 2)

--Connie's POV--

"Ok I think that we just got in."  Steven whispers to me as I crawl through the vent, following him. 

We meet into a crossroads in the vent pathway.  He taps the vent floor gently.  Suddenly little vines come in from behind us.  The vines form into a square on the smooth metal beneath us.  I notice that some of the vines are yellow, and some green.  They sent to twirl around inside the box, forming some sort of map.  Steven rubs his chin as he stares down at the moving plant life.  The yellow vines seemed to overlap the green ones.  Steven looked down, like he was concentrating very hard.  I stared in awe as small pink flowers sprouted out of the vines.  Steven inhaled air quickly.

"Ok, the yellow vines are the vents, and the green ones are inside of the building."  He nodded his head once.

"What are the flo-"

"The flowers are the enemies.  We have to sneak past them, and try not to get caught.  But if worst comes to worst-". He pulls out Rose's Sword from his gem.

"You know what to do."  He handed me her sword.

It was a bit big for me, but I've gotten used to it over the years. He looks me in the eyes, sending a shockwave through my body. His hand reaches for mine. I quickly grasp his. His face is flooded with worry.

"Please tell me, that no matter what, we will leave this place, together. Both of us will live."  I nod, staring into his eyes.

He lets go of my hand, "Ok, we have to go.".

I nod and follow him through the vents.  I could hear muttering and whispers from the rooms below us.  I held Rose's sword in the scabbard, trying to not hit it against the vent walls.  We passed over grates looking into rooms.  He stopped when we came to one large grate.  The grate over-looked the entire main room.  Steven pulled off the vent cover, and looked out.  I noticed small vines covering all of the cameras. He looked me in the eyes, and I'm already melting. His face gets close to mine. He cups my cheeks in his hands.

"Please don't get hurt. I can't lose you." He closes his eyes and gets closer.

I close my eyes as his lips gently touch mine. He pulls away and extends his hand out to mine. I accept and place my hand over his, and I hold on tightly. He pulls me closer to him and starts to point out into the room in front of us.

"Ok, so below us is an equipment cart. If we jump down there, we can get cover. We'll have to eliminate those two guards at the other side of the room. They're guarding the place we want to get to. The if we can distract them, that would be better, but if we have to, you know what to do." He looks at me and sternly nods.

We both jump down to cover, without making a sound. He grabs my hand, and I look over to him.

"Let's try to avoid the guards." He whispers, peeking out past the cart of equipment.

The two guards at the door we need to get to look at each other.

"Hey, no one ever comes in here. The security is really tight, so why do we need to be here?"

"I don't know, but there is this new pizza place that opened up down the street. We can like go there right now."

Both of the guards high five and walk out of the room. Steven looks at me and starts to laugh hysterically.

"Well that was easy!" He exclaims, trying to get up.

We both stand up and start to walk over to the doors. I see Steven smirking in the corner of my eye.

"So much for tight security." He mutters and I smile softly.

He presses his hands against the vault door as I here a series of clicks inside. The sound of a dial turning echoed through the quiet room as the door made a final click. The door unlocked, and popped out slightly. Steven pulled the door out far enough for us to get inside. We both squeeze through and the door shuts behind us. I simply shrug and start walking to the centerpiece of the room, the gem tech.

The entire room was white, with a pedestal in the middle. A red box, glowing vigorously, illuminated the entire room.  I stepped in closer, and the tech began to blink violently.  The entire room seemed like it was rigged with strobe lights, but it was all coming from the box.  I here a grunt from Steven, I glance back seeing his body covered in red lines.  Suddenly, a gigantic boom sounds through the room, as Steven falls to the floor.

--Author's Note--

I know that this is on hiatus... But I've been working on this chapter for a bit.  So I decided to post it.  Tell me if there are any mistakes.  I hope you like it!  Don't forget to leave a vote!

-JORDAN OUT