Chapter 16 : Official

--Steven's POV--

I pull away from the kiss, and can't help but stare at her beautiful face. She blushes and slightly smiles, shielding her face from my eyes. She removes her hand from her face, and looks at me seriously. Her hand moved to mine, and I instinctively grasp hers.

"Pearl and Ruby hate me. How will this work?" She asks, leaning further into the tree she was already laying against.

I brush the strands of stray hair out of her face, and I cup her cheek. Her shoulders relax, and she sighs.

"Don't worry Connie, I hate to see you worry." She shakes her head slowly, still carrying some worry in the back of her mind.

I glance over at Sapphire when she starts to speak, "Steven, you have to understand. Everything that you say to Pearl and Ruby matter to all of our futures. You can't mess this up."

Her face is emotionless, as usual, but I could sense that this whole situation was wearing on her. I nodded hesitantly, after all of this sunk in. I stood up, and reached out my hand to help Connie up. She held onto my hand and pulled herself up. I told Sapphire and Amethyst to stay put. We stepped onto the Warp Pad. I pulled Connie close and wrapped my arm around her waist.

A blue light engulfed us both as we started to fly through the stream.

"I'll protect you. Don't worry about this, we'll be fine." I say, hugging her closer to me.

She pushes herself closer to me in a side hug.  Suddenly, the stream lifts up from us as I feel solid ground beneath my feet.  Connie instantly tightens her grip on me when we see what was waiting for us.  Pearl stood, her spear equipped and ready to strike, Ruby did as well.  Pearl instantly hisses at the sight of Connie.

"Get away from him you monster!"  She screams, walking closer.

"Move one step closer and you will regret it."  I say, hurting from the words I am forced to say.

Pearl looks at me in confusion, her brow bones furrowed.  She sharply intakes air.

"She made you corrupt!  She made you delusional!"  She screamed.

I gasp in horror as I see Ruby flying through the air.  Her fists pointed at Connie.  I push Connie out of the way, taking the impact of her gloves.  I was launched back, hitting the stone wall beside the door to the temple.  My skin was charred at Ruby's touch.  Connie crawled on top of me, crying over the wound on my chest.  I jump back when Pearl's spear swings across my vision.  Just as the spear swings, Connie looked back.  She was thrown to the side, smashing into the sharp crystal wall.  Her back slides down the sharp crystals, ripping up her entire back.  I try to hold back tears when I notice the gigantic gash running along her face.

"Connie!"  I scream, running to her.

She wasn't responding.  I turned around, to confront the approaching gems.

"Stop!"  I scream, tears flowing down my face. 

"She'll only cause trouble!"  Pearl shouts.

I turn around and stomp my foot, cracking the stone beneath me and shaking the whole house. 

"SHE WILL NOT CAUSE TROUBLE!  I'VE SEEN THE FUTURE AND I EVEN TALKED TO MOM!  I KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG!"  I shout, clenching my fists.

Pearl suddenly drops her weapon.  Tears well in her eyes.

"Y-you talked to Rose?"  Her lips quivered.

Suddenly Ruby squeals, "Sapphire!"

She runs to the warp pad, and warps away.

"Please, I want to spend the rest of my life with her.  I talked to mom, and she knows that she is the one.  I've seen the future, and our life together is beautiful."  My fists ease, and I turn to Connie.  She is barely responding.  I lifted her up, and kissed her gently, avoiding all of the cuts and bruised corrupting her perfect face.  Her eyes fluttered open as I watched the large gash on her face seal up.  She giggled softly, but her breathing hitched when she saw Pearl.  Her eyes widened, and her pupils shrunk. 

I caressed her cheek and lightly kissed her, calming her down.  She smiled softly, and fell asleep in my arms.

--Author's Note--

I mean, this chapter was kinda sweet. XD

The question of the chapter is.... If I were to make a new book, what would you want it to be about?

I'm not going to make a book happen because you commented, but I wanna see your demands on books.

So, please please please leave a vote. It helps out a lot!

Remember, More Support = More Chapters!

So, don't be a silent reader! Tell me what you think in the comments below!

Also, my friend in real life, Burk_Swimmer made her first book. She thinks it's bad, but go drop by and look at it. Leave a nice comment, and say that Jordan sent me here! She'll love that! She also reads this book... So you better go check it out 😊😊