Chapter 2 : Goodbyes?

--Steven's POV--

"I want to see Connie."

"Hi, Steven."

"Connie, it's been a year since I've seen you. I don't even know if your still alive. I feel like, Connie wouldn't have wanted me to mourn her forever." At this point, tears are forming in my eyes.

"So, I guess this is it, Connie. Goodbye." I walked closer to her.

When I went to hug her, she was engulfed in pink clouds.

*POOF*

I groaned when she disappeared. I turned around, as my gem glowed. Rose Quartz's Symbol appeared from thin air, opening a doorway. I stepped through the opening, appearing in my beach house. I trudged passed the Warp Pad. I passed Garnet sitting on the couch below my loft.

"What's wrong?" Garnet asked in a calm voice.

"Is it Connie again?" She fixed her visor.

I paused, looking over at her. I was thinking of a response, when I noticed a portrait hanging in the wall beside Garnet. It was a portrait of Connie. I remembered when it was painted. We were at a carnival and- no. That doesn't matter now. I walked closer to the portrait. I reached out, sliding it off of the wall. I took one last look, then I focused on Garnet.

"No, but the next time you're in the temple, burn this." I grabbed the portrait with two hands.

A bubble formed around the painting. I lifted my one hand to the top, then I let go of the bubble. It stretched into nothingness.

"No." I looked over at Garnet.

"I will not burn the portrait." She stared off into the distance, like she wasn't even in this world.

"Why not." I questioned, starting to get angry.

"You can't just erase her from your life. That isn't right." Garnet was slightly raising her voice.

"What am I supposed to do?!"

"Keep searching."

"That's easy for you to say! You've two have been alive for over 9,000 years! Why do you seem so sure? What do you know!?" I realized that I was yelling.

"Steven! I know a lot of things that you will never know! So don't argue with me." For some reason, she seemed like she wasn't even here, like she was concentrating on something else.

Great, now Garnet is really mad. Connie is probably dead. I'm with someone else, and I still can't get her out of my head. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD! I mean, the last day I saw her, it was, the best and worst day of my life. How could she just disappear like that. It doesn't make sense. She was the one thing that I lived for, the one thing I wanted to protect. And now, I feel... Lost.

I was suddenly thrown back, smashing into the floor after summoning my bubble. The bubble popped, and I jumped to my feet. A large Slinker-like corrupted gem stood in front of me.  Garnet stood up from the couch, but was quickly thrown back.  One of the arms of the gem wrapped around Garnet, squeezing her.  It reminded me of when it happened to Amethyst in the temple. My flashback was interrupted when I loud poof echoed through the room.

"Ruby!"

"Sapphire!"

"We've split, oh no, we split." Sapphire remarked.

I ran over to try to protect them, but they were quickly snatched up. I grabbed my shield from my gem, wait, where's my shield?!  Sapphire and Ruby are being squeezed, until...

POOF!

The familiar "cling" of gems hitting the floor, ring through my ears. I stepped back when the monster comes towards me. One of it's large tentacles whipped towards me. The sharp end chipped my gem. Without giving it another thought, I licked my thumb and pressed it against my gem. The Rose Quartz shimmered, and replenished itself. But that still didn't help my predicament. The corrupted gem lashed out, unleashing a flurry of attacks.  My skin ached as blood poured out of fresh wounds.  I fell to the ground when a wave a weakness flooded my body.  I could feel the arm of the monster slowly entangle itself around my body.  I was lifted off of the ground. 

I'm so sorry Connie.

Suddenly, my shield ripped through the gem's flesh, making it screech in pain.

That's it!  I need Connie in my life!

I tossed the shield through the air.  It sawed through half of the monster.

If she's here, I have a purpose.

I grabbed my shield with two hands.  I launched myself into the air, directly towards the monster.  I bashed my shield into the gem.  With one final flick of my wrist, I dug the shield through it's flesh, to its gem.

To be strong for the World, and to be strong for her.

I fell to the ground in exhaustion.  I crawled over to the corrupted gem lying on the floor.  I picked it up, and quickly bubbled it. 

"I'll deal with you later."  I dropped back to the ground, falling into a sweet dream.

--Author's Note--

I guess this was kinda a filler?

Idk, but anyways, don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!

See yah next time!!!