Chapter 17 : Bombing (Part 1)

--Steven's POV--

I softly picked Connie up, and began to walk to my room. Before I enter the door, Pearl wraps her fingers around my bicep. I turn around, tears are falling down Pearl's face. She lifts her hand away from, her mouth and hugs herself tightly. She moves her head to the ground, tears falling onto the stone floor.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking. I've never intentionally hurt a human before. I-I was worried that you were gone. A-and I thought it was her fault and I couldn't lose you and I didn't want to have to treat you like a monster. You're not a monster, I am. I can't-"

"Pearl, it's okay, you were just trying to protect me." Her face shifted upwards, her tear-stained face positioned towards me.

She looked back down. Her hand rubbed across her cheek, wiping away the stream of tears. I wanted to hug her, but I couldn't. I was holding Connie and I needed to let her rest. I sympathetically smiled at Pearl, and continued to the Temple Door. I entered, and a bed instantly appeared. I gently laid her down on the bed, and pulled the covers over here body. I knelt down, and kissed her on her forehead. I turned around, ready to go back out of the temple, when I felt fingers wrap around my wrist. I turned around, Connie was staring up at me.

"Please don't go." She said, tightening her grip on my wrist.

I shook my head and crawled under the covers. I wrapped my arm around her waist. When I went to kiss the back of her head, she quickly flipped herself around, making our lips meet. I felt her lips curve into a smile against mine. She rested her hand along my jawline. We continued to kiss, our lips moving in harmony, matching up seamlessly. Our tongues danced, synchronizing perfectly. I pulled her closer to me.

"Steven?" A soft voice asked.

We instantly pulled away, and jumped back. Pearl stood innocently, looking over the headboard of the bed. Her face instantly saddened. She fixed her posture and Connie and I both climbed out if bed. Pearl touched the tips of her fingers together.

"We need to talk, it's bad." My mind went blank.

What could be so bad, at a time like this?

Connie clenched her teeth and looked up to me. Fear covered her face. Her hand searched for mine, and I instantly reached down to hers. Connie's face eased slightly. Pearl began to walk out of the temple, we followed behind. When we got out of the temple, all of the gems sat on the couch. We both sat down, not letting go of each other's hands. All of the gems looked worried, even Sapphire. Pearl stood up, and summoned a hologram on the table. The hologram showed a small box. Veins came in and out of the box, indicating that it was most likely a Homeworld tech of some sort.

"We don't know what this was called, but we know what it does. This is one of Homeworld's weapons. Currently, it is in human custody, they don't know what it is, or what it is capable of. They've been doing research on it, so it is under very tight security." I glanced up at Pearl a bit confused.

"Right, onto what it does." She hesitated slightly.

"It's a bomb. When they are built, they are meant to explode at a certain time. The explosion will wipe out every gem on the planet it has been attached to. If the explosion begins, the only way to de-activate it, is by something organic, but let's just not let it get to that point." She glanced back down to me.

"Steven, and Connie, both of you will have to break this bomb before it is detonated." Her fingertips touched together.

"Why can't we all go?" I ask, getting slightly confused.

"After a certain stage, any gem that comes near it will be destabilized, and poofed. We can not reach it." She sighs.

"This won't be easy."  Sapphire said, looking off into the distance.

--Author's Note--

Strange, isn't it?

Theorize in the comments of what you think will happen next? 

Leave a vote, please leave a vote.  People still don't get the idea. 😒😒

The question of the day is, What would you think if one of these chapters got.... Dirty?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have a good day!

-Jordan