Chapter 26 - Reunited (Edited)

(Warning: This chapter has adult content. I love the song attached and thought it matched perfectly. <3)

Recap:

"Marie, you are a born hunter. That much is obvious by your tattoo but you are not just a born hunter. You are the hunter. The first." A gentle push of the book pulled Marie's attention back to the pages and the portrait of a woman sketched in black and white on one side. In her face Marie saw her own. There was a very strong resemblance that pulled her upright quickly - it was the mirror image of the entity she had seen before her hunter possessed her the first time. Beside her, Aerebelle continued. "You're the reincarnation that is born every three centuries. This is the third time that I've introduced you to your true self. Outside of the original you're the first that accepted your supernatural mate. The other two chose their hunter."

Marie was eager to hear more. She had so many questions but when her lips parted to ask the first she heard a loud crash behind her. Her body turned quickly to face the threat when her eyes clashed with those of her mate.

"Greyson..."

----------------------

Something was wrong, it felt different. Greyson must have felt the shift in their connection as well because he surged towards her eager to touch her at first and then he paused. The clasp of his large hands on either side of her face shifted several times before dropping to settle over the beat of her heart. Nothing...there was nothing.... She didn't feel the pull or the pleasing electric pulse when his skin came in contact with her own. 

Realizing now that the witch did much more than just remove his mark, she half sobbed and sunk into his waiting embrace to press her face against his chest and listen to the heart that had at one point beckoned her own. The weight of his chin falling atop her head was felt as his chest rose with a deep breath, pulling in a scent he knew so well though was now disconnected. 

From above her, she heard his hard and determined words as his arms came to wrap firmly around her yet they cradled her as if she would break at any second. "You are mine. Nothing they do can change that. Nothing will change how I feel about you; bond or not. We will fix this. Whatever they did, we will fix it together. I swear to you." 

She nodded as much as the press of her cheek to his chest would allow. There was a promise in his voice that went unspoken though she heard it nonetheless. They would fix it. All that mattered now was that they were finally back where they were supposed to be. She was a hunter, yes, but he was her purpose in life and without him nothing else mattered. If their moon goddess intended for her to have a wolven mate, there was a good reason behind it and Marie was determined to find out what that was. 

Knowing she could stay fixed in his arms forever, she finally forced herself back to look up at him with a loving smile. One that was quickly obliterated by the crash of his mouth. There was no hesitation in her return of the sentiment. Regardless of who stood nearby, she greeted her mate with a matched ferocity he showed in his claim. Her fingers pulled his shirt into her small fists then tightened as if she feared he'd pull back. In that moment, even with the break of their bond, she still felt a stirring within that only he was able to create and pull from her. She wanted him and judging by the response of his own body he was quickly escalating to the same level. A soft moan sounded but by who was obscured with the deafening beating of her quickening heart in her ears. 

Breaking through the sensual haze building around them was a continuous clearing of ones throat. The incessant sound played over in an annoying repetition until Greyson finally broke from her and growled angrily in the direction it was coming from. "What?!" 

"She has a bedroom up the hall Greyson. You're welcome to use it. As giving as Aerebelle is, I don't think my mate will take kindly to you soiling her library." 

Well now....that was embarrassing. Marie found herself looking around for the vampire while Xander spoke but found that she had seemingly excused herself. As did the Alpha shortly after offering them a room to indulge themselves. And even though there was a bit of humility in knowing everyone in the household knew what they would be doing, neither Marie or Greyson cared as they hurried from the library back in the direction that Aerebelle first led her from. 

There was only the two of them and as they fell onto the bed the rest of the world fell away...

"I will find a way to fix this Marie. I swear - " He promised between feather kisses along her jawline and neck while he worked to undress her. Not wanting to be reminded of what the witch wedged between them, she quickly pressed her fingers against his lips. For a moment she smiled and simply enjoyed the way their fullness plumped around her pale digits. She hungered to kiss them and finally did so when she pulled him close to effectively cut off anything else he had to say. 

Happy to find him accepting her desire to say nothing more on the matter she redirected her hands to help rid him of the final barriers between them until they both lay bare. The warm satin press of his skin against hers pulled a moan of contentment and utter satisfaction. Not that long before she was nearly frozen and willing to accept death while he occupied her mind and heart. His love and memory kept her warm and alive with the hope that she would see him again. Now he was here, erasing all the painful remnants of that with the gratifying exploration of his hands and mouth. 

When he finally settled back over her and adjusted his hips to surge within and join them, she gasped and arched her back. Her fingers flexed over the hard muscles of his shoulders before calming back to flatten then curl so that her nails danced over his back and the line of his spine. Their combined movements were quickly carrying them to a blissful end that even without the bond both knew was incomparable to anyone but each other. 

And in the euphoric aftermath, tangled in limbs and bedsheets they smiled adoringly at each other. "I love you Marie." Greyson was the first to speak as his fingers traced the delicate line of her jaw before his fingers spread to cup her cheek. He waited for the reply he was certain to receive with her soft answer, "I love you too Greyson," before he leaned down to press a long yet soft kiss upon her swollen lips. 

For the moment his wolf was simply content in having her back at his side. And though he did not regain the full strength he once had, he was stronger for her being there. That alone gave him faith that whatever it was that happened, they would repair it. With the wrap of his arm around her waist, he held her close as the pair fell asleep neither knowing what tomorrow might bring and at the moment, neither cared. 

------------------

I've decided to split these books into two - perhaps three. For now, our couple is happily back together. I'm happy to answer any questions. 

Will Marie and Greyson conquer the hunters or find a way of working with them? 

Will Marie be able to stay away from Daniel even though fate paired them? 

Will Greyson ever be able to mark her again?

Stay tuned... :)