Gangrel Feral (Chapter 14)

Marie sat, huddled up against her headboard for what felt like hours. She listened to every sound outside her window and door, brown hues snapping between the two entrances. Seriously freaking out was an understatement. She was terrified.

Nevermind that being a hunter was in her genetic build. She was not a killer. Her friends knew that. Or at least she thought they did. Yet they still brought her out here, to what? Train her? Help her make her first kill? Gah! This had to end soon, the quietness was creating havoc in her mind.

And the boredom didn't help either. Imagine that; fighting with your mind between wanting entertainment and praying that nothing ever actually came through that door. She finally succumbed to singing softly to herself. Her alto soprano voice was a nice soothing sound in the otherwise eerie quiet. Though it did little to quench the questions in her mind.

Was Greyson okay? Was the vampire still in the territory? Marie stood up on the bed and started bouncing gently. No way in heck was she going to put her feet down there. She still was afraid of what was under the bed. And no one should judge her on that. It's been a fear since childhood. And whenever that fear haunted her as a child, she'd get up and dance on her bed.

Now there was a sight. A woman, dressed in a nightgown, holding a bow and arrows while jumping on a bed. Occasionally she would turn around, change it up a bit, but she always came back forward. Then she attempted a double axel, bad idea, her ankle twisted in the blanket, setting her off balance. She teetered for a moment, crying in alarm as she tried to regain some stability. Luck wasn't on her side tonight.

Once more, like this morning, she became a heap on the floor, her limbs substituting the blankets in the tangled mess around her. Some of the angles looked odd, but when she rolled over to her back and sat up, she felt no pain. Bruised, and an incredibly humiliated ego, but beyond that she was alright.

"Nice going Marie. Real smart."

Self-cristicism? Sure, it was one of her famous quirks. And very often spoken out loud. She continued the soft mumblings of self loathing while she leaned forward and rubbed her banged knee. Then paused. No?...She was seeing things surely. Her gaze moved away, blinked, then looked back into the black abyss beneath her bed.

Red eyes. Then they were gone. Had she imagined them? There were only shadows beneath the bed. She could not make out a solid form. "I'm going crazy..." Even as she insulted herself she saw the shadows shift, then creep forward. Impossible...they neared enough to twist around her ankle, leaving a coldness in its path, she screamed and turned back around to crawl away, fighting to her feet.

She searched frantically for the weapons she had been holding, finding them across the room, closer to the window. They must have been knocked out of her hands when she hit the floor earlier.

"Great...just fucking great!"

Marie managed to get to her feet and started for a run when the coldness seeped into her flesh and held tight. She slammed back onto the floor with a groan of pain. The brief impact cracked her head against the hardwood, spinning the room around her. She rolled to her back and squeezed her eyes shut, willing the world to stop. Then the coldness returned.

The shadow lingered at her side, forming into a silhouette that leaned over her. It was hard to focus, surely she was seeing things. As the shadow collected and deepened in depth, features started to pop out. Blonde hair, blue eyes, a sharp pointed nose, blood-red lips pointed down in a scowl. The face of a beautiful, deadly woman emerged. Then her bare shoulders, arms...breasts, dear lord as if it wasn't bad enough already, she had to be naked.

Then she moved, the shadows clinged to her lower body giving a hint of the design but never revealing more. Thank god. Marie struggled to sit up, pressing the butt of her hand to her forehead.