Chapter 9 Meeting The Parent

I woke up to a warm heat coming from my stomach. It was comforting, it didn't hurt at all. I felt Pendragon's legs draped over my body, making sure I wasn't going anywhere without him.

I shook his head to wake him. he only grumbled and pulled me closer too him. I shoved his head hard and he startled awake looking for a threat to me while I tried to look innocent.

When he zoned into my face he grumbled and picked me up.

"HEY!!! Put me down!" I said as I was dangling from his jaws.

"Fine, but fallow me." He opened the door to the hallway and flapped his wings with me in tow. We flew trough the hallways to a pair of door that could fit several dragons through it.

He landed on the floor just in front of the doors and I did the same. The doors swung open from the inside by two dragon guards decked in armor.

Pendragon walked forward and I followed slowly behind him, marveling at the rooms decoration and stories that are told in one painting or window.

I noticed that he pulled ahead and I raced to catch up. He walked up to a raised floor and bowed his head slightly. I figured out that it was the queen and king and bowed deeply as it was costumed to when you made a life in poverty.

"Don't bow so low dear. Your our son's mate. meaning your his equal and very close to ours." A very feminine voice spoke. I looked up to see the queen had spoken.

I raised myself from the low bow to a slight head now as Pendragon was doing.

"Alright kids lift your heads." a deep voice spoke, the king. I lifted my head up slowly to look at both the queen and king realizing at some time pendragon and I would be sitting on those thrones at any point in our lives. They where big for dragons yet there was a smaller set connecting the thrones together into a human size shared throne.

"Come here dear let me get a good look at you." said the queen. I walked up the steps leading too them and waited patiently for the queen to look me over. She was in a fiery red and orange scale color with a hint of blue around her neck as her mates mark. The king was a deep ocean blue color with the queens orangey red around his neck. She shifted to her human form. Her hair a deep red and in an elegant gown of gold complimenting her red hair and orange eyes.

The king shifted as well he was in a pair of grey trousers and a royal blue shirt complimenting his brown hair and green eyes. They looked me over from horn to claw. Looking at all my scales as they glittered in the light that filtered through the room. They both had crowns on there head not overly extravagant being as they could lose them if they happened to need to flee or fight. They finally stepped back and shifted back to dragon and they where both looking at Pendragon before they both went too there thrones. Pendragon huffed for me to fallow and I nodded my head to the queen and king and kept off the steps gliding down to the floor. I walked after Pendragon as he lead me out of the room and down a hall.