Chapter 14 The Eggs

Waking up warm but not hot in the stomach felt good. Nothing pressured me to wake up and deal with a pain through out my body. Going over to the pool of water I waddled in enough to get a drink of water.

I startled when I heard a flapping sound from the entrance I looked around and noticed that Pendragon was not in the cave. He came into the cave slowly with a doe in his mouth. walking near me he set it down and pushed it to me and backed up.

I looked at him confused in till and animal instincts came over me and I raced to the meat chowing it down and growling every time he got close to the meat. He would wait till I was satisfied. When I was done I walked away from the kill and went back to the water drinking it.

Walking away from the water I settled my rounding stomach back on the nest. Pendragon wandered slowly over waiting to see if I would allow him to join me. Whats up with him? I wondered then realized I acted different over a fresh deer. What was that all about? I would have to ask when I wasn't so tired anymore.

((()))((()))((()))

It had been the last few days of the eggnancy. I've been very moody. Not wanting to get up. Always growling at Pendragon when he gets to close to my fresh meat or in any general.

Pendragon has been taking care of me, but it just seams like I have another part of me brought out whenever he is near. It could be hormones with the fact of having hatchlings soon. He doesn't seam to be taking all my growling too seriously like he's hurt on it. It could be because the royal mated female dragons more moody? I didn't know all though I was mother's first born In hatchling wise. I didn't really remember anything in the nest only really remembering the home we had.

I felt a twinge in my womb where it was big and round with eggs in it. The twinge kept getting tighter inside of me. I fell down off my legs as I felt and immense pain. Pendragon lifted me up and put me on the nest all the while I growled and tried to bite him. He set me down on my side while I tried fighting him. That was in till he dominated me and laid gently but sternly on me keeping me still, holding my mouth in his keeping me silent. Pain racked up and down my body. I felt something inside me squeezed on its own.

My breathing started the get faster and something kept squeezing in me. I felt something slip outside me till another squeeze happened. It was tighter and a little faster coming out. I relaxed as no more pain came inside me. Pendragon finally put all his weight on top of me finally letting go of my mouth. He nuzzled my head and directed it to my backside. There laid two plump little eggs. I smiled tiredly. I tried to grab them with my mouth but Pendragon stopped me. He got up grabbed them lightly rubbed them on my head and set them on the grid. A tarp laid stretched across the opening. keeping the eggs cradled so they would not fall. We went to a hole that I had never gone into that he always placed wood in it.

I heard a breath of fire and a small orange glow below the tarp that seemed to warm the eggs. Pendragon walked out of the hole seconds later.

"Our first eggs." He said nuzzling me. "below the tarp of Deer hides is a pane of glass keeping smoke and the bulk of the great heat off the eggs. Enough heat is surfaced to make the eggs warm. the glass is made of a special sand used just to not melt at most high temperatures keeping out hatchlings safe. Sleep now my darling and we can spend some time together without your protective, mother instincts fully kick in tomorrow." he nuzzles me as he lays behind me putting his head below mine to give me a pillow. I let out a soft sigh and fall asleep.