Chapter 12 Egg

I woke up the next morning feeling really warm. I felt a tail tucked around me and knew it was Pendragon immediately. I struggled to get up with the heat coursing through me. I raced, as fast as my hot body willed me to, into the washroom. I stumbled over to the waterfall and into the spray it helped a little but I was still hot.

Eventually Pendragon raced into the washroom, like a sword was drawn on him, and ran over to me where I was panting. I was so hot now. The heat kept building up inside of me and the water did nothing anymore.

"Come on Annabelinda lets go to the nurses in the castle." He picked me up and draped me over his back I was panting and looking longingly at the spray of the waterfall but we where already out of the room.

We went out into the hallway and flapped his wings to take flight. He went down several hallways then landed slowly keeping me balanced.

He walked slowly into the white hallway down to a room farther down. He slowly slid me of his back and onto a bed.

In came a dragon that was obviously female by her smaller size. She looked like she was linking Pendragon. She came over to me and did some things. I didn't pay attention with the consuming heat within me.

Eventually I felt something cold lay on my stomach effectively cooling my entire body down. I sighed in relief. I curled up around the cold keeping it near me cooling me further down.

"Well then." a female voice said, most likely the female nurse that had come into the room. "Found out whats wrong with her. Well not really wrong more like something wonderful."

What did she mean by wonderful? I questioned myself but I listened closely at what she would say next.

"Your mate, our soon to be queen is eggnant. You will soon have at least one bundle of joy in egg shape in about two weeks. Then you will need to keep the egg warm till it hatches. The reason why she is so hot now is the egg is still forming inside of her once it stops after five days of the mating she should feel mostly normal. She will get a little hormonal with the egg or eggs inside of her and most definitely after she brings the egg, eggs out into the world. For now just keep her stomach cool with ice changed when it melts and make her eat cold food and she should be fine for the next few days. Come back to us when the egg stops giving out heat. I suggest that she should stay in the nest for the next two weeks and make it really comfortable."

She kept speaking after she should of stopped, but I guess she's trying to make sure the future heir will be safe and easier for us to know what to do.

"If you do plan to stay on top of her while the egg is in her do not put your weight on her keep it off of her as best we can or the egg could break. That should be enough information to keep you set till you come back. At your services, have a good day. I hear claws scraping signaling that she left.

"You hear that Annabelinda. Where going to have hatchlings soon." he nuzzled my face lovingly. I nodded my head tired after the heat of my body. He lifts me up and heads to out room. He set me down on the nest and started to make me comfortable.