Chapter 10 The Hallway

Down the hallway we went. Simple paintings of dragons rested on nails on the wall. Stained panes on the windows depicted stories. I looked closely at several and realized that it was the story of the begging when man and dragon raged war against each other to live. Each side trying to triumphant the other, to be superior.

One dragon went up to both kings at the time and worked out a deal to let both sides survive. The humans didn't fight him when he went into the castle for he shifted to human. All the while he would shift to his dragon form to talk to the dragon king.

His name was Chua. He was a brave man for what he did. Since the king had no queen and had no heir he made Chua his heir for what he did for the kingdoms. The line of his reign still reins today and I was mated with one of them.

My ears started to twitch to a loud racket. Metal was dropped in its war splitting sound. Justly and bustle of claws along a stone floor. I was curios of what the racket was. It seemed like he was leading me to the ruckus.

Right I was. We had entered a big kitchen sized for several dragons to work comfortably. A delicious smell wafting through the air to my nose. It definitely smelled better than raw meat and plants.

Although I've been here for a month I only got plain soup with raw chicken in it or turkey. Never got anything else being as I wasn't expending energy everyday.

"Come on we haven't have all day darling." Pendragon said to me. I realized I had stopped in the middle of the doorway. I quickly walked up to him and followed him to a grey scales dragon.

"Her you go your highness." he said to Pendragon. "Here you go my lady." He said to me we each had a plate of cooked meat with potatoes. There was a cup with a red liquid in it.

Pendragon put his tail over my back and guiding me through some doors. We walked up to a platform table and sat down. We both started eating. When done we went back into the kitchen and dropped of our plates and cups.

We walked down another hallway till we got to a blank one. I touched the clean walls lightly imagining the stone carvings at my cave. Lightly drawing the patterns into the wall, as each small important detail burned in it.

"Annabelinda." A voice in the back ground called. "Annabelinda!" Again but more of a shout, but I would not look away. This wall needed something and when I will be free to roam the castle, I would get paint from maids running around. I pulled away and Pendragon looked at me questionably. I only shook my head as we walked back to the room.