Chapter 13 The Royal Cave

It was a long two more days till the heat of the egg stopped. Pendragon lifted me of of the ground and he walked out of the door. Walking down the hallway to the white rooms. He set me down in a chair and I sunk into it with a sigh.

The lady dragon came in after a few minutes.

"Alright, the heat inside you is gone. In about nine days time you should be laying your first egg. The cycle is f the first year after mating is after your first egg one week after you will go into heat again to have more eggs. Keep in mind being the queen and king you have a higher chance in have triplets and quadruplets. The last two months will probably be the worst for you, my future queen, the heat will start up two days after the laying of the egg. The forming of the egg will be shortened by nine days making it five days of holding the egg. The heat of forming the egg will last one day and it will be burning hot. This is the biggest, highest chance of having quadruplets in the whole year."

Suggesting now is that you go to the royal nesting cave for the rest of the year. Do not fly when carrying an egg. In the small breaks you have I suggest flying as much as your body wills it to keep in shape and be ready the hatchlings you will have. Your mate, the soon king, will be doing a lot of work. He will put you on the pool of water to keep you cool. Calming your heat, keeping the eggs warm, carrying for the hatchlings while you are carrying eggs, protecting you, and lastly getting you the food you need."

I opened my mouth to reject that he couldn't do all of that alone, when he interjected.

"I can do it love just like my father and all the other kings out there. Many of us have been trained to know how to care for our mate during that first year." He said lovingly while nuzzling my neck and jaw.

"Thank you for your help." He said and lifted me up he walked back to the room and grabbed all the soft blankets on the bed and draped them over me. He picked me up and set me on his back and went to the balcony. A small piece of bark painted with letters laid on the now empty nest. He flapped his wings and took off steadily for my eggs sake.

We, more like he, flew for some time into the direction of the setting sun. Eventually we came into view of a large mountain with a small opening near the top. We flew closer to the opening and he leveled out at the small opening.

"Climb off and into there I'll be right behind you." Pendragon spoke. I slid off to the tiny ledge and went into the hole hesitantly. I walked out to a huge opening slightly blind in the dark. Pendragon came up behind me and blew fire at a small opening on the cave wall. Fire burst up into many different holes in the cave. Rubies and sapphire littered the floor some melted and burned to the topaz floor. Amethyst and Quartz lines the wall sticking out in places to hold objects and items. Diamonds and gold littered the wall and ceiling making burst of color. Everything smooth not a single claw mark. There was circular crevices that did not hold fire that was used to hold extra lanterns and food. Farther back a pool with a waterfall was sparkling with emerald walls. A sapphire grid was placed over a small hole in the ground of topaz used to hold the many eggs I would be bearing. There where bigger ledges of Rhodolite used for landing or practicing flying.

"It's amazing I couldn't have asked for better. But how? How do the humans not know of this place and take all the jewels in here?"

"They do not know because we do not come here often hinting of treasures. Only a hundred years they see us for one year and they only see the female twice once on the male dragons back and the. Going back to the castle with all the hatchlings once they can all fly or most of them do. They see the male, me, often because we our carting for you. They do not disturb it because they do not want an angry mama on there 'tails'."

"Alright, as long as it's safe." I said yawning, jaws opened wide. The blankets slipping from my shoulders. Pendragon picked up the blankets and set them near the biggest fire and made them fluffy. He came over to me and nugged me into the blankets direction. I walked slowly and tiredly and layed down on the blankets. Curled my tail around me and fell asleep.