Chapter 11 The Story Painting Of Past

The next day came and the warm feeling in my stomach grew warmer.  Pendragon was snuggled up to me snoring slightly.

I slid away from him and headed into the washroom.  I looked at my stomach in confusion. There was no burning coming from it. Nothing at all. I went to the waterfall and glided in. The water started o pound out some of the knots in my back that have been there for sometime.

When all the knots where out of my scales and skin I slithered out to the towel dangling on a hook ready to be used by someone.

Once my scales where clean and shining I walked out of the washroom and to the nest where Pendragon was still asleep. I decided to play a prank on him. I grabbed a bucket of water and set it to the side of the nest. I put some dry branches from the fireplace wood pile for him to step on and break. I then slid some soap on the floor after that to make him fall. I put the soap away and then came to the bucket. I picked it up and threw it at his face and hid the bucket on my tail.

He woke up startled fell on the sticks and jumped over to the soapy slickness and slid along it tumbling into a heap of limbs.

"Really Annabelinda? Why did you have to do that?"

"Because you where asleep and I had nothing better to do for my own amusement." I explained laughing at his disfigurement.

"Well since I'm up and your mated to me I can take care of some work I missed while I was looking after you."

"Okay." I said as he looked at me weirdly.

"Your not disappointed that I'm going?" he asked.

"I am, but I know you need to get the work done and respect that." I said.

"How lucky I am to get a mate like you." He said as he went up to me to nuzzle my neck. "I'll get some of the maids to clean up the mess you made that you call a prank."

I nodded shyly. He left the room quietly and a few minutes later a maid came in. She started to clean up the room.

"Excuse me." I asked.

"Yes?" she said in a monotoned voice used for business.

"Do you know where I can find some colored painted to draw something in one of the hallways?"

"You can not! No one is allowed to put anything up in the hallways without the kings concent. And believe me he will not want someone to paint on the walls!"

"Loosen up! I don't care if I get in trouble I won't drag you along. Now can you please get me some paint to please me?"

"Alright, but if you et in trouble with the king don't blame me. I'll just say you ordered me to do so. Said and done."  She quickly went out of the room claws scraping slightly.

She rushed back in several minutes later with many buckets in her hands. "Now remember. Your ordered me or you say you found the paint and the hallway and started to paint. Now go before I get caught!" She said handing me the paint buckets with a brush I would not be using.

I padded to the hallway, balancing the buckets as I walked. I reached the hallway and set each bucket down one by one. I opened each lid and carefully set them upside down on the floor. I looked at the rainbow of colors they had. One bucket was literally the rainbow's colors in it.

I stretched out my claws and I heard a tiny little click as my claw decided to go into my hand and out came a soft flipper like substance, that would work very well as a brush.

I dipped that one claw in a bucket of black paint and set to work. Dipping my claw in all the buckets at one point of time or another as I worked.

Slowly but surly my past was lit up in bright colors. Down the empty hallway I went using the colors to highlight each scene. Eventually it was all put up in the sining light of the setting sun. I looked closely for any sharp detail I missed or any mistake. I found none. I went to the end and Started to put my symbol instead of carved into stone or painted in black I dipped my claw in water to clean all the colors off and then dipped it in the middle of the rainbow swirl. My claw came out and I started to paint the two symbols on the wall in the colors of hope. The Colors that make all other colors.  I swiped the last swoop and the symbol flashed the whole painting. I knew what it was doing from my heritage. It was making sure it was permanent, even if a coat of paint went over it, till the walls fell or where broken. They then would start to fade away.

I walked away leaving the paint there. I went into my room. The paint dried on my claws. I went to the washroom and got to the waterfall, washing away the paint. I went to the nest and curled around myself, for Pendragon wasn't there, and fell asleep.