Chapter Two - New Kid Disaster (Serena)

I was woken up to the sound of a ring. A schoolbell? No, I definetly am not in school. My body began to jerk upwards as if being commanded to shut off the nose that could force me to end my life, due to it being the noise that signifies I am going to high school. I headed downstairs into the kitchen to find the house empty. My mum must have gone to work early, so I sat and watched TV while eating some cheese on toast. After I finished I got up and went to get ready. Hmm, I thought in my head. 'A new year a new me is what they say'. But I decided to go for the same clothes I always wore in winter. A black sweater vest to replace my sleeveless black shirt, while keeping the same dark red skirt and tights so I could keep my legs warm through the autumn and winter. I bent down to put on my black and pink shoes, before grabbing my pink hat, which was complimented by the black bow that sat on top and also my pink bag. I could never forget my hat or bag for sure. I took two steps outside before being faced by Calem. He was wearing his usual really dark blue, almost black jacket but with a white sweater underneath. His jacket had gone from short to long sleeved and he wore black jeans with shoes identical in colour. His hat covered his whole head, so his hair did not show.

"Hi, Serena" He said brightly, gosh he seems happy today, about school? "Oh, hey Calem, you walking to the bus stop?" I ask him, before turning and walking down the footpath. Calem walked down aswell, slightly behind me on the other side. "Yeah, I got a text from Drew asking me to meet him there early and I saw you so I thought, why not come and say hi?" Calem looked different from the end of the last year, he had a noticeable upgrade in physique and seemed to be growing up very fast. I blushed a little at the thought, but returned his never ending smile politely "Well, I am meeting Dawn at the bus stop so I decided to set off a little earlier to start the first day." I could see the bus stop up ahead in the distance and picked up my pace a little. Calem lacked behind me, inferior to my tendency to speed walk. I saw dawn sat in the bus shelter and sat beside her. This caused my best friend to hop up and almost drop her phone, until Drew caught it with his hand millimetres off the ground.

Dawn gave a nervous laugh as she retrieved her phone "heh, thanks Drew!" She said, before sighing in relief and checking every inch of her phone. I looked up at drew, who hadn't changed one bit. He had the same old green hair, same old unbuttoned purple shirt that showed a plain black/blue colored t-shirt that was long sleeved, and so it showed on his arms with his short sleeved purple shirt. He hadn't changed one single bit and Dawn was the same, except for the fact that at 14 we girls change alot. She had grown in a certain few areas and it made her look more grown up. I still looked like my normal self, nothing changed as of yet. Dawn was in her usual white beanie with a golden symbol at the front and her blue hair hung out beneath it, seperated slightly by the golden clips in her hair. I looked and my hair and ran my hands through it. It was still very long, with the sides almost curling round my chin, hanging off of my shoulders while he back came as far as the middle of my backpack, with a slight bit at the end tied up by a small pink bobble. Dawn also had a matching red skirt, kind of like mine and white kneehigh socks that just peaked out of her pink boots. She wore a white scarf that looked very neat. "It wasn't a problem at all" Drew replied, scratching his green hair as if to say it was no big deal, like the tough guy act. Dawn turned to me and gave out a girly squeal, but before we could embrace in a friendly hug, the bus pulled up and we got into it, before sitting down and preparing to ride to school. The first day seems okay so far, everyone is happy to see their friends and can not wait for a new year.

We got off at the school stop and walked in a group of four to our usual meeting place with the rest of our groupnl. The group consisted of me, Dawn, Calem, Drew, Kenny, Gary, Clemont, Cilan, Misty, May, Iris and Bianca. We met at the back of the cafeteria, where there was a perfect yard that was always empty and could see the main yard. We stepped into the usual place to find everyone there chatting away happily, before shifting around. We all exchanged greetings before Gary spoke up "Hey, have you guys seen the new kid?" He looked towards us all with a questioned expression, I swear I could see a question mark printed on his face. But, wait, a new kid? In our grade, maybe?