Chapter 14 - Keep your friends close (Ash)

Diary Entry 4
I forgot about this book until I cleaned my room, so I thought I might use my time to write something in it. We go back to school tomorrow, January 8th. Christmas day was just as good as Christmas eve and then we had new years eve and day. Next week in school we start our practice exams to prepare for the summer. I am a little nervous about the exams, even if it is only a practice. I don't want an F on my report card. Anyway, my planning is still coming along and I will get revenge on Calem first, before Jack and his buddies get a taste of their own medicine. Let me tell you, it tastes bad, i've tried it. I showed Cilan the text and he said he already had an idea of who it was. After all, there was three people and I said there was a familiar voice. The fact they knew my name could have suggested Calem set me up, and it seemed to be true now. I told him Calem is getting what he deserves and he looked like a different person as he nodded to me that day. Me and Cilan had opposite personalities yet we was like best friends. I never saw much of Gary unless we all met up and the same with Clemont.
-

I closed the diary and then adjusted the picture of me and Serena on the desk. We took the picture om Christmas day, wearing santa hats. It was a funny picture and a great memory. I stood up from my chair and looked outside. Snow was falling at a slow rate, looks like school will be a bit too much fun tomorrow. I checked the time. It was coming up to midnight, so I hopped in bed and slept the rest of the night..

I woke up just as my mom was leaving the house.

"Bye mom, enjoy work" I said in a half sleepy voice.

"Oh, bye Ash, enjoy school!" She said, before shutting the door. I rubbed my eyes and allowed my vision to come back to me.

At school everyone was excited about the snow. You couldn't walk one step without a snowball fight.  After meeting up with everyone else, we started joking around with the snow. Gary put some down clemonts back and he ran around going crazy and the cold, so he made a snowball and threw it. Gary ducked and it hit Misty in the face. She went into a rage and threw one back at him, then another one aswell. Clemont had snow all over his face. The rest of us stood to one side and laughed. Monday was an interesting day and we spent all day doing exam questions.

Tuesday came along and it was time for our gym lesson. After the teachers announced a dodgeball tournament between the whole 9th grade, everyone was excited. Perfect, maybe I can give Calem a taste of what's to come. I'll make sure he isn't on my team.

(Calem)

A dodgeball tournament? A sly grin flickered on my face, time to give Ketchum a little wager, an interesting one to say the least.

(Ash)

It's about time I finally got Calem some of that medicine I have been waiting to give back. After all they gave me too much, it's the least I could do.

I got changed and we talked about the dodgeball tournament.

"All of the 9th grade in a tournament. Can they actually do that?" Gary asked, while tying his shoelaces.

"Sure, it seems like they can" Cilan said, sitting down and waiting to start. We headed off to the gym and waited while the gym teachers split us into teams. I was on a team with Cilan, Iris and Gary. I was confident about winning, and our other teammates seemed like some of the best in group 2, so I was happy with our team. Calem was with Serena, Drew, Dawn and Clemont. There was 8 teams and it was one round in each game. Whoever lost was eliminated from the tournament. It was a long hard day of dodgeball and eventually we got to the final game. Calem's team also made it through and while we was taking a break, Calem came up to me.

"Ash, how about we have a little wager?" He grinned and sat next to me. I continued to listen.

"If my team wins... you" He pointed to me "have to break up with Serena" He had a dumb grin that I could have punched, but I kept my cool.

"Jealous, huh? I am okay thanks Calem" I began walking away.

"You don't want Jack and his friends to pay you a visit now, do you?" Calem shrugged "Whatever then, enjoy your hospital bed Ketchum" He began to walk off. I wouldn't let this happen, I had to beat him.

"I accept your challenge. But! If I win, you have to leave us alone AND tell the principal everything you know" My eyes burned with confidence, Calem didn't stand a chance.

"Sure, whatever" He shrugged and walked off and I clenched my fists in anger.

I told Cilan what was going on and he looked at me like I was insane.

"Are you crazy?! If you lose, you break up with Serena?" He spoke quietly, but I could tell he wanted to shout.

I patted his shoulder to encourage him "That's why we win" I looked at Cilan like I wanted to kill someone and he smirked, then nodded.

"Let's do this" He said and then we went onto the court. Time to settle this, Calem.