Chapter 13 - Christmas comes early (Serena)

It had been a few weeks since Ash had been attacked. Everyone had pretty much forgotten it. Ash had become his regular self again and I went to his house every so often to see him. Our relationship was taking a step forward, and I was happy.

"Serena, your friends are here" My mom shouted up the stairs. I put my phone away and headed down. Today was Misty's birthday, it was a week until christmas aswell. Christmas comes early for her every year. We was planning on spending the afternoon at hers eating food and chatting. I stepped outside and the whole gang, besides Misty was here. It was a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction to school, so we headed off straightaway. I held Ash's hand tightly and we talked amongst ourselves.

"Did you get a present?" I asked, looking at Ash.

He smiled and tapped his nose. I giggled at him, a secret present? How mysterious.

After around 10 minutes of walking, we arrived at Misty's house. She was waiting outside, and everyone walked in one by one with a 'happy birthday'.

We gathered into her room and began eating various snacks and talking about various things, like Christmas.

"For Christmas I want money" Kenny shrugged. His parents had a lot of money so he could get anything, really. I guess money made a bit of sense, he could choose in his own time.

"Meh, I don't know what I want, I don't care about presents" Cilan sat up in his chair and leaned in. The conversation was boring me, so I pulled out the wrapped present from my bag and gave it to Misty. She looked up at me with eyes that looked interested. She opened the present and revealed a golden bracelet. It was a bit plain but it was a symbol of our friendship. She smiled and hugged me.

"Awh, thanks Serena" She sat back down and everyone else gave their presents. Ash opened his bag and took out a box of perfume.

"Is that-?" Dawn looked shocked as Ash handed Misty the box.

"That must be atleast $200!" Bianca said, looking more shocked than Dawn. Misty smiled and jumped out of her seat, giving Ash a big hug.

"Wow, thank you Ash" She smiled her biggest smile yet and he smiled back. I felt a little jealous.

"It's no problem, really" He scratched his head nervously and sank into the seat next to me. I put my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around him. All mine.

"Ash, you realise my expectations have increased for my Christmas present" I teased.

He laughed and put his arm is round me "Don't worry, I think you will love it" He smiled and I got curious. He already had my present? I hadn't thought about his at all.

We had a bit too much fun and spent a few hours trying to catch food in our mouths while telling Ash the things that happened last year. Today was a day to remember.

The night sky rolled in and the moon reflected off of the lake in the park. The stars shined brighter than the sun and some of the morning sky was still visible. The mix between an orange/yellow sky and a dark sky rolling in over it. I took my phone out and took a picture. Suddenly, two hands went around my waist. Ash buried his head into my shoulder and whispered "Why don't you come to my house on Christmas Eve? Me and my mom have our Christmas dinner then, so i can go to yours on Christmas day" I smiled, looking up at the sunset.

"That sounds great, sure Ash. I'll check with my mom first" I wanted Ash to come to mine on Christmas anyway, so it shouldn't take much to persuade out parents. After all, they became aware of our relationship after the accident with Ash.

Ash gazed up to the sky and rested his chin on my shoulder. "It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?" He asked.

I nodded "The sky looks so beautiful tonight".

Ash moved to my side and grabbed my hand, while we caught up with the others. "I meant you, silly".

I blushed heavily and then giggled. Such a charmer.

(Christmas Eve)

I woke up full of excitement. 7am? Who cares I am spending a whole day in Ash's house! I excitedly got changed and rushed down the stairs. I felt like it was Christmas day as I hurried around the kitchen making up my breakfast. Ash said don't come until atleast 8, so I flicked through the magazine on the table. It was a boring magazine full of old advertisements for cars or window replacements. I set off five minutes early to Ash's and he was stood at the door already.

"Good morning, Serena!" He hugged me and I pecked him on the cheek, smiling.

"Good morning, is it okay to come in?" Ash nodded so I entered, then followed him into his room. I sat on the end of his bed and he went into his wardrobe, before bringing out a wrapped present.

"You can open it now, if you want" Ash waited for me to open it, so I reluctantly unwrapped it and opened the box. There was a beautiful silver necklace with an emerald in the middle. There was also a key chain that said 'Serena'. I gasped at such amazing presents. Ash was good at exceeding expectations. He nervously scratched his head and I jumped up to him. I wrapped me arms around his shouldeds and kissed him.

"It's amazing Ash!" I said excitedly, before putting the necklace on and holding it up to look at it.

"My present is nothing compared to this" I sighed, he would probably think its rubbish.

Instead, Ash held my hands and stared into my eyes. "You could give me a girls doll and I wouldn't care. All that matters is that you gave it to me" Ash had a way with words, that's for sure. I couldn't help but blush slightly.

"Oh, Ash I love you" I hugged him again and held on tight.

"And I love you too, Serena" Ash released from my hug and led on his bed. I followed in next to him and we led in his bed, talking for what seemed like hours, before I heard his mom shout.

"Ash, can you get some of the carrots from the garden, please?" Ash hopped out of the bed and headed downstairs. I sat with my legs folded and played with the necklace. It will be a present I will treasure forever. I waited for a few minutes before Ash returned.

After an hour or so we started to kiss, and it turned out into a making out session. It was the first time we kissed for more than ten seconds and it just went on and on. I released from Ash and put my head on his chest.

"You know, when you was in that hostpital bed last month, I felt like it was partly my fault" I looked up at Ash, who looked down at me.

"It was in no way your fault, it was early in the morning, even Calem turned up late" Ash's mention of Calem made him look like he could kill for a moment. I didn't bother to ask him any more questions. I didn't want to ruin a perfect day.

Christmas dinner with Ash was the best dinner I had in years. It made me even more excited about the fact that he would be at mine tomorrow. After a round of cake for desert, I decided to head home. "Thanks for having me, Dellia" I gave a polite smile, before kissing Ash on the cheek and leaving.

"See you tomorrow Ash" I said as I exited the door. He closed while nodding, so i headed home to prepare for an even better christmas day.