Chapter 21 - Secrets (Third Person)

The week before the summer holidays was of surprises. On the last monday of school, a week before Serena set off to the UK, a few things were revealed.

"So erm, it's been a few weeks but, me and Kenny have started dating" Dawn flashed a smile and the girls jumped around hugging like a contenstant of the x-factor. At that moment Calem had some news.

"Also, while we are giving everyone news, I forgot to mention I am the other cultural exchange student" Ash seemed shocked. Him and Serena, for four weeks? It created a bad feeling in his stomach.

"Well it's good to know I will have a friend to help me survive" Serena giggled.

"Wait you're going too?" Dawn asked, looking a little too shocked for words. Dawn was Serena's best friend. Four weeks without her was something she never thought could happen.

"I have too, sadly" Serena sighed and Dawn hugged her best friend.

"Well, also on the topic of news, you're looking at the next best soccer player" Gary had his thumb to his chest in confidence.

"Good going Gary" Drew said encouragingly. Everyone gave their congratulations. The revelation of secrets and news, good and bad always brought the group closer together.

Everyone began to set off home, and Calem was alone with Ash. Calem looked up at Ash and with fire in his eyes. A small grin formed across Ash's face as he walked on by. Jealousy still got the better of Calem, but he had four weeks with Serena to drive them apart, once and for all.

Clemont also had a secret going on in his home. He locked his room and begain working on something in the dark. He knew if he could build a robot with any simple function, he would win the science fair. It was a secret entry from Clemont, so no one would suspect him. After an hour of drilling and turning spanners, he hooked the robot's mainframe to a simple command prompt program.

On the other side of Vaniville, Ash and Serena had started planning a date for Serena's last day, to prepare her for four weeks in the UK with Calem.

Ash knew Calem would try something, so a nice talk would do the trick. Ash moved over to his inbox with Calem and warned him to leave Serena alone. Calem replied stating he had no intentions of doing anything, but Ash still felt worried for Serena. He let himself think that everything will be fine and ignored the thoughts from overflowing in his head.

Summer time was coming too quickly and with a date coming up, Ash thought his life was going in the right direction. But Calem wanted to take the drivers seat.

--
Quite a small chapter, yes. After constantly looking at this chapter for a few hours, I decided to make it a short one. You can punish me if the next one isn't 6+.
Mark©
-