Chapter 9 - Truth or truth (Ash)

I waited on the park bench for Cilan, he said he would be here ten minutes ago. Leaning back, I looked at the time. 10:20am now. I rubbed my eyes to keep myself awake. Sleep is for the weak after all.

"Sorry I am late Ash" Cilan jumped over the bench and landed next to me. He seemed so energetic and happy.

"No biggie, so what do you want?" I turned to Cilan, an eyebrow raised out of interest.

"You should just tell her how you feel Ash, before things get complicated" Cilan acted so smart, sinking into the bench with his hands in his pockets. But, how did he figure me out? He must have some serious deducting skills to find out.

I took it as if he knew and just went ahead with the conversation. "I know, but what if she doesn't feel the same way, I would be killing a friendship" I carefully looked around and tipped my cap down slightly. I was nervous incase someone walked by and heard us.

"Ash, Serena might feel the same way, I am sure of it. Take my advice and use it as soon as possible" Cilan put his hand on my shoulder, before getting up.

"You know, 'Sherlock' you could have just messaged me this, I had to walk outside for a short conversation" I smirked at Cilan and he smirked back, Sherlock suited him, too much infact. I left the park and headed home. Time to say what would have been said yesterday.

Once I got home I instantly got my phone out, found 'Serena' and began typing.

'Hey can I come to yours quickly, I need to talk to you' I impatiently rested my head on my desk for five minutes, before a reply popped up.

'I am out of town getting my costume for Kenny's party, I will see you then, right?'

I frowned. Out all day? What do I do now?! 'Sure, see you then'

I turned my phone off before running Serena's message through my head. COSTUME! I instantly ran into the kitchen, grabbed the money and left. It wasn't long before the spiderman costume was in my wardrobe, ready for the party. I decided to kill some time by playing some NBA on my computer. Not long until the party.

(Halloween - Serena)

The cowgirl style hat finished the look. I span in the mirror and looked in it for a moment. I wonder what everyone else is dressed as.

(Kenny)

I had finally got everything ready, so I put on my Jason costume and waited.

(Ash)

It wasn't long before I headed out to the party in my spiderman costume. Cilans words moved around in my head. Today was the day for me to finally act. I sighed nervously.

It wasn't long before i made it. There was so many people, maybe half of our grade?  I wasn't sure. Kenny's house, almost as big as a mansion, sat in the middle of nowhere. It was big enough this kind of party. Right, find Serena and get it over with, right? I nervously stepped into the house, to be greeted with the most ridiculous nose of drum and bass ever. Chewbacca having a stroke had nothing on this song, I swear Kenny's house was a trampoline because the bass rang straight through me.

Since I didn't have the mask on yet, Kenny recognised me. "Ash, welcome! Good to see you man" I turned to face Kenny. He was wearing a jason mask and held a plastic machete in his left hand. It looked like a perfect costume.

"Nice Jason going on here Kenny" I smiled at Kenny, who grinned back at me.

"Thanks, Spiderman" we shared a laugh before I actually pulled my mask over my head. The eyes were like sunglasses, so seeing wasn't a problem. I noticed Serena in a cowgirl outfit, she looked great in it and I couldn't help but stare. Dawn was next to her in an angel outfit. White seemed to go well with Dawns blue hair. The others arrived in all sorts of costumes. Hulk, Thor, Doctor Who and too many people. Wearing the mask meant my friends wouldn't recognize me. In 5 minutes, though, I will talk to Serena. It wasn't long before the gang began to play truth or dare in a seperate room to the party. Some ridiculous truths and dares had been going on, so I assumed someone had some alcohol. I walked into the room and tapped Serena on the shoulder. She turned, confused as to who I was.

"It's Ash, I need to talk to you remember?" I looked around, noticing Gary heard me.

"Truth or dare, Ketchum?" Gary seemed to be struggling for words, so he was definetly drunk. He might be stupid, but man is he something else.

Serena didn't say anything until we was outside. "What is it Ash?" She asked politely and smiled a smile I loved.

I nervously scratched at my head through the mask. "You see, for a while now I have wanted to tell you something" I turned away nervously, and Serena seemed a little worried by my behaviour.

"Are you okay Ash?" Serena walked up next to me.

"You see all this time I have been trying to figure out who it is that I like" I couldn't back down now, this wasn't a game of truth or dare, but more truth or truth.

"But it has always been right infront of me the whole time. Even now" Serena looked stunned by my words, but she smiled and took of her hat.

"Oh, Ash, I feel the same way. At first I didn't think of it as anything but now, I can see what I want. You, Ash" Serena stunned me even more, and before I could move she removed my mask. The wind picked up in speed, and our hair began to wave around in its direction. Serena and I stared at eachother in silence, the tension slowly building as if out of a movie. It wasn't too long before Serena moved towards me, her ocean blue eyes meeting mine. She put her arms around my shoulders and slowly leaned in. I leaned in also, placing my arms around her waist. Our lips met and at that moment, the world ceased to exist. Everything to me was silent, only surrounded by this moment. After about ten seconds, Serena looked at me and smiled. I knew what this meant for us and as she rested her head on my chest, I couldn't ask for a better moment in the world.