Chapter 28 - A drunken mistake (Serena)

The morning came about quickly and I woke to the sounds of birds tweeting in the distance. The sun was up and shone through the gap in the curtains. I slowly got out of bed and stretched. There was that party tonight. I wonder if we have better parties?

I got out of bed and decided to go downstairs. Naomi wasn't awake but her parents were.

"Good morning Mr. And Mrs. Lee" I said with my bright morning smile. I sat in the living area and put my feet up by reclining on the sofa.

"Oh, Serena good morning. Is Naomi up?" Her dad asked and I shook my head.

Just then, Naomi walked downstairs.

"Oh, looks like she is. Good morning dear" Her dad entered the kitchen and began making omelette for breakfast. He was a great cook so I wasn't complaining.

"The party starts at six, if you are wondering" Naomi said, already texting on her phone.

"Oh, well I was going to get ready whenever you did, but thanks" I smiled and sent some messages on my own phone. I missed my friends.

The day went quicker than I anticipated and it wasn't long until we was in the party.

The house was overcrowded with people of different ages. Already there was people making out and even kids going upstairs for privacy. The music playing was insufferable in volume and it felt like my insides were shaking. I looked at the choice of drinks. Alcohol and more. We are only fourteen. Naomi handed me a shot glass full of something and I drank it. It tasted sour in my mouth and I wanted to spit it out.

"Swallow it, it's vodka. Gets you into the mood" Naomi said, before walking off.

After an hour of constantly being chatted up by drunken idiots and after having a few drinks myself, I stepped outside alone.

I just wanted to be with Ash and hold him tight. I didn't want to be here anymore. After sitting in my tears for five minutes. A drunken Calem stumbled over and sat beside me.

"Are- yo-you *hic* ok?" He asked with slurred speech.

I nodded and looked up at Calem. He was a mess.

He wiped a tear from my cheek "It's going to be ok, Serena" He said, smiling. At that moment he reminded me of Ash and suddenly Calem was leaning in for a kiss and I found myself in his arms, kissing him like the world was over. We embraced each other for a minute or so. As we released I realized what I had just done. I ran off down the street and went straight to Naomi's house. Oh god, Ash must never know. Why did I do that? Stupid, stupid Serena! I looked angrily in the bathroom mirror and almost felt like throwing up.

The last two weeks became very awkward. Calem had grown more interested in me, evidently remembering the kiss but I always said that Ash must never know.

As soon as I got home, the pressure became too much and I cracked. I told the second worst person to tell when I went to see her. I told Dawn everything and just felt like hiding away for the rest of my life. I didn't deserve Ash, or anyone for the rest of my life.