Chapter 1

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Sam stared at her new husband's lips in horror, but there was no going back now; she must kiss him. Her heart beat so fast, and her palms started to sweat. She would have bolted out the door if she hadn't remembered why she agreed to do this in the first place.  

Luke, her new husband, lifted her veil and looked deeply into her eyes, asking for permission if he could kiss her. Sam finally gave up; she smiled slightly, tilted her head up, and closed her eyes. She felt his lips against hers, tentatively and carefully touched hers. She responded hard at the beginning, but she felt relaxed a little when his left hand held her waist tightly and his right palm touched her cheek. She felt his thumb stroke her cheekbone gently, and it felt so good. She didn't know how it happened when her knees suddenly started to buckle and she almost lost her balance. Her hands automatically reached around his neck to keep her standing up. She could hear the guests had started cheering and clapping their hands, looking at the newlyweds exchange their first kiss so ecstatically. 

Finally, Luke broke the kiss and stared at his new wife with a teasing smile. "That was so believable. Are you okay?" he whispered.  

"Yeah," Sam answered nervously. 

Her heart was still beating really fast, and her cheeks were red like cooked lobsters. She was embarrassed that she could lose herself so easily in his kiss, the first time ever in their three-year relationship as best friends. She just couldn't believe that her body reacted that way. She kissed some men before, but none of them could make her spine tingle and make her feel that she's the most important person in his life.

The music started to play, and both of them left the altar, followed by applause from the guests. Sam could see her mother smiling at her and wiping her tears of joy, seeing her only daughter had finally tied the knot with a wonderful man. Only, she didn't know that this was all fake. 

Sam also saw some of her good friends blow their kisses from the far end of the seats. She waved slightly and said thank you then blew a kiss back using her left hand. Her right hand held Luke's arm obviously. She could feel his biceps move every now and then, and suddenly she felt warm again. "Oh god, what's happening to me today? I have touched these arms a thousand times before . . ."  

"What is it, honey?" Luke looked down at her, confused. 

Sam stared at him blankly. "Nothing," she said. Then she began to curse herself for being so careless, saying silly things in front of him.

***

The band played Christina Perry's hit song, "A thousand Years" softly in the background. It was after the first dance when Sam started to accept that this was not a dream, that she was married to her best friend, Luke Russo, for money. 

She remembered two months ago when Luke was banging her apartment door in the middle of the hot summer night, demanding to talk to her. She was asleep in her bra and panties, and she was too furious to remember to put a robe on before opening the door to kick his butt. 

"Luke! What the f-" 

"Hi, sexy." Luke was staring at her smugly, folding his arms in front of his chest, and deliberately ogling her body up and down. 

Sam was screaming out loud before running back into her room; she slammed the door and swore repeatedly at him. He walked in calmly and sat patiently on the couch while he tried to stop himself from laughing too hard. 

"What are you doing here anyway?" Sam came out from her room wearing a tight tank top and shorts.  

"Still too sexy." he commented.