Best Birthday

Chapter 12

Emmi's pov

Like usual I was hanging out with Auggie. He was acting weird. Today was my birthday and the biggest thing that happened was people saying happy birthday to me, thank goodness.

"Auggie are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah." he croaked.

"Auggie you're sick!" I said. He nodded and hopped on his bed. I went to the door to unlock it, it was locked.

"Auggie the doors locked!" I said. He was already asleep. I walked over to the chair by his bed.

"Please be ok." I whispered.

Maya's pov

Since it was Emmi's birthday, we invited the people she knows, but also we got something she's been wanting for her entire life. Everything was set up. She was in Auggie's room while he was 'sick'. I walked over to his room, unlocked the door, and coughed. That was the signal.

Auggie's pov

I heard the cough. I sat up.

"How are you feeling?" Emmi asked.

"Good." I said. I grabbed her hand and opened the door.

"What that was locked!" Emmi said. I laughed and we went downstairs.

"Auggie what is going on?" she asked. We walked down and there were decorations everywhere.

"What's going on?" Emmi asked.

"It's your party." Riley said.

"But why?" she asked.

"Well it's your birthday." Maya said.

"You did all of this for me?" Emmi asked. We all nodded. She ran over and hugged Maya.

"Thank you." she said. Maya smiled and hugged back.

Maya's pov

The night was almost finished.

"Ok Emmi, we have one more present for you." my mom said. She looked up. She and Auggie had cake all over their faces.

"What did you guys do?" I asked. She ran over to me and Auggie ran over to Riley. She put frosting on my face and Auggie did the same to Riley.

"It's called cupcake makeovers!" she said. Everyone laughed. I put frosting on her face right back.

"Now you have blush." I said. She put some on my lips.

"Now you have lipstick." she said. I put some on her eyelids.

"Now you have eye shadow." I said. She put some between my eyelids and eyelashes.

"Now you have eyeliner." she said. I put some on her eyelashes.

"Now there's mascara." I said. She put some on my eyelashes.

"Same for you." she said.

I put some around her face, "Now there's foundation." I said. She laughed and I did too. Then we went to get cleaned up.

"Ok as I was saying. There's one more present for you." my mom said. We were finally cleaned up. She handed her the envelope and she opened it. She read it and smiled.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have no idea." she said.

We laughed, "I don't know what half these words mean." she said. She handed it to me.

"What does it mean?" she asked.

"It means that we're adopting you." I said. 

"What does that mean?" her and Auggie asked.

"It means do you want to be a Hart?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

"YAY!!!!!!" she screamed. We laughed.

"Welcome to the family Emmi." mom said. She smiled.

"Best birthday ever!" she said. I smiled and hugged her.