Broken Heart

Chapter 39

Emmi's pov

I had barricaded myself in Maya's room. I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Maya!" she said. I opened the door, after moving the nightstand and we sat down on her bed.

"Why are they giving up on Amanda?" I asked.

"Em, they would never give up on her." she said.

"Then why would they call an orphanage?" I questioned raising my voice.

"Emmi they want to ADOPT her." Maya said shaking me. My mouth dropped open in happiness and shock.

"YAY!" I screamed and hugged Maya. She laughed.

"But now Amanda refuses to talk to any of us." she said.

"Oh." I said. Maya nodded and I did my scared face.

Shawn's pov

"Amanda please let us explain!" Katy begged.

"I want to be alone!" she yelled.

"Come on kid! No one wants to be alone!" I yelled.

"I do!" she screamed.

"This child is gonna be the death of me." I said. Katy shrugged.

"It's worth it." she said. I sighed and nodded.

"Ok, we're going to talk and you listen!" I yelled. There was silence. Then the door opened. It revealed a small brown hair girl with tears in her eyes.

Her eyes didn't show anger. No hate. No hope. Just sadness. One look into her eyes and it just broke your heart. There was no hope. There was no happiness. Just sorrow. It broke my heart, and not much does. But this, this was different.

It was worse then my no hope. Or Katy's, or Maya's. She had the broken heart. Cory told me to fix the no hope. I did, Katy did. Maya did. Emmi, well, Emmi is Emmi. She always has hope. But Amanda's look was different. This was a look I'm not sure anyone could fix.